3rd Trimester

Upper back pain relief suggestions

I regret not listening to my grandmother when she scolded me for posture as a child.  I am pretty sure it has come back to haunt me now...  I have the worst pain in my upper right back that radiates to my right (front) ribs.  I am assuming this is normal but pretty unbearable by the end of my work day.  I don't have the luxury of moving around a lot during my work day. 

Any suggestions on stretches or sitting positions that seem to alleviate the strain?  I am on day 4 of this pain and don't think I can function for 3 more months like this...

Re: Upper back pain relief suggestions

• How high?  (Aka is it below your shoulder blade?)  This sounds like my kidney pain (especially as its just on the right side) - at lunch I go down and lay on my left side in the car (this helps a lot) - another thing I do - for that pain and general pregnancy pain is to ice - I bring an ice pack and then put it between me and my chair (with fabric of some sort around it - I'm actually using a tortilla warmer!) - not only does it help with the aches - but if it is your kidney it will encourage the baby to move away from the area which will help :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You should definitely talk to your doctor about this. They may want to make sure it's nothing serious. That being said, I get this pain when my back needs popped. It gets to the point that the only thing I can do is lay flat on my back with an ice compress underneath me. Check out a chiropractor! Even if you don't have insurance that covers, a lot of places offer free consults and a low price for each visit. The places around here that I've gone to were $40 per visit. One of them even offered 10 visits for $200 if you paid in advance. Definitely worth a shot!
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Loading the player...
  • Try sitting on a yoga ball. This will force you to do more of an active sit and keep better posture.

imageimageimage

September Signature Challege (May 2015 BMB):

LEAFING!

• I had really bad, sharp upper/mid back pain on my right side. I asked the doctor about it because after a while it started to take over my entire back and keep me up at night. She referred me to a massage therapist, which i have been going to for about two months...only once every two weeks. It has done wonders. My pain is mostly gone, but I now have realized what is causing it...the position of the back of our seats in the car and one couch we have in the basement. It seems to be related to the position of my pelvis. Softer, unsupportive surfaces are not good.

Needless to say, my therapist gave me a couple of stretches that are amazing...here's one...stand in the doorway. Reach up and grab the door frame and then slightly bend your knees. You just kind of hang there...it feels great.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Something that has been working for me:

Raise both arms above your head and slowly slightly raise your right arm until you can't go any higher. Then slowly lower it and repeat with left arm about 3-5 times. Doc said a lot of my upper back pain was due to pinched nerves in my spine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"