April 2013 Moms
Options

Intro... And progesterone info... anyone else?

Hi April mommies!

I'm super stoked to be joining you... and although my first ultrasound isn't until Sept. 6th... according to the tracker, I'm due around April 25th!  And a huge congrats to you ALL on your little seedlings too!

My name is Mandi... "BothMRS" is because DH and I have the same initials... incase you're curious... I always am of other's usernames. :)

You can see from my sig that we tried to get pregnant for over a year, then found out while DH was great... they even told me he had "Grade A" sperm... (side note: he still refers to himself as "A+" -- so I remind him no one said anything about a plus! lol)... I was not. I had a tumor in my uterus (no cancer, thank God) and some other messy stuff going on... so all was fixed in April of this year... and once we started TTC again in June, two months later... BFP happened! I seriously about fell off the toilet when I looked over and saw "pregnant"! I just wasn't feeling right, so I went ahead and POAS for like the 80th time... and there it was! Crazy!

Anyway... all seems to be well... and I def have the symptoms... nausea with some fabulous sickness after eating most meals, sore boobs, heartburn, uncomfortable sleeping, peeing more than usual, yada yada... But i hear these are all good signs to have... so I'm just going to enjoy them. BUT... I had my betas checked around 20 dpo and they were at 878, and then again around 24 dpo (I stopped tracking my ovulation because I was tired of it... so I'm not sure exactly which day I o'd now... dumb me) and they jumped to 4,772... which is great... But my progesterone decreased from 8.1 to 6.6 in that time... so the nurse called me yesterday with the news (and told me not to lose sleep over this... yeah right!) and put me on 200mg of Prometrium... once a night, vaginally. I'll be getting my betas checked again on Monday... in hopes that the progesterone rises... and I'm also to stay on the meds until I'm 13 weeks.

So... Please tell me... have any of you experienced this before as well? My biggest fear is of course a mc! I guess it's good that they caught this just before I was 5 weeks and got me on the meds to help, right? TIA for easing my mind :) And again... Nice to meet you all!

Mandi

Started TTC #1 in March, 2011. Surgery to remove tumor in uterus and ovarian cysts on April 13th, 2012. Started TTC again in June. First BFP on August 12th, 2012! Betas on 8-16-12: 878 Progesterone: 8.1 Betas on 8-20-12: 4,772 Progesterone: 6.6 (Put on Prometrium until 13 weeks) BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: Intro... And progesterone info... anyone else?

• Options
    No experience with progesterone, but wanted to say congrats! My EDD is April 25, too. Welcome!
  • Options

Hi Mandi - congrats & welcome!! The prometrium will definitely help. Your numbers are rather low, but supplementing until you hit the 2nd tri should work out great for you. I lost my first pregnancy to low progesterone, it was a 2 the day I had a natural m/c. To be proactive, I took prometrium 200mg orally while TTC even, got my BFP, and continued to take the prometrium til I hit 2nd tri. My progesterone number was in the mid to high 20's while on it, which was perfect.

I'm nervous with this pregnancy about my progesterone, of course, but I had it checked twice two weeks ago and it was 18 and 19.9. My doc was pleased with this and didn't think I needed to supplement. I have a lot of nausea & fatigue throughout the day, so I feel pretty confident everything is going to be ok.

BFP 7/31/10 m/c 8/16/10
    BFP 10/25/10 Brynn Helen born 7/7/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecheesecakerunner:
    No experience with progesterone, but wanted to say congrats! My EDD is April 25, too. Welcome!

VERY cool!  Thank you!  And congrats to you as well!  How are you feeling?  Is this your first?

Started TTC #1 in March, 2011. Surgery to remove tumor in uterus and ovarian cysts on April 13th, 2012. Started TTC again in June. First BFP on August 12th, 2012! Betas on 8-16-12: 878 Progesterone: 8.1 Betas on 8-20-12: 4,772 Progesterone: 6.6 (Put on Prometrium until 13 weeks) BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    imagekrissymac:

Hi Mandi - congrats & welcome!! The prometrium will definitely help. Your numbers are rather low, but supplementing until you hit the 2nd tri should work out great for you. I lost my first pregnancy to low progesterone, it was a 2 the day I had a natural m/c. To be proactive, I took prometrium 200mg orally while TTC even, got my BFP, and continued to take the prometrium til I hit 2nd tri. My progesterone number was in the mid to high 20's while on it, which was perfect.

I'm nervous with this pregnancy about my progesterone, of course, but I had it checked twice two weeks ago and it was 18 and 19.9. My doc was pleased with this and didn't think I needed to supplement. I have a lot of nausea & fatigue throughout the day, so I feel pretty confident everything is going to be ok.

Thanks so much!  Congrats to you as well!  And I read that over 10 is usually pretty safe... so I'd say 18 and 19.9 is great! 

So... I'm REALLY hoping my 6.6 raises quite a bit by Monday... fingers crossed!!!

• Options

Congrats! 

I am also on progesterone suppositories -- I went in for a pregnancy confirmation test when I was "barely pregnant" because I was completely freaked out about some spotting and cramping - my HCG was good, but progesterone was low -- a 7. 

They put me on the suppositories right away, 2X / day (200 mgs, morning and night), and it stopped the spotting in like 48 hours.

I have not had my levels rechecked but it is my understanding that since the suppositories are absorbed directly into your uterus, rather than a pill that would be digested, go through your blood, etc, it doesn't actually raise your blood level, but you get all the positive benefits of it.

Invest in a large box of pantyliners. ;-)  I put mine in when I go to bed at night, and then in the morning I put it in at 5:30 AM and sleep until 6:30... easier to deal with the mess when lying down.

Welcome and good luck (my best friends name is Mandi),

`jss

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

First of all, congrats and welcome!

I'm on progesterone right now as well. I had some spotting and cramping about a week ago and when they did my b/w, my progesterone level was a 6.9, so very similar to yours. I've been on Prometrium since and will be until 2nd tri. So far, so good, though there's still a long way to go!

FX crossed for you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"