September 2012 Moms

Nightly Braxton-Hicks

Ok so I have a question.  This is my first pregnancy and i'm 38weeks pregs.  Every night around 130-2ish, I am woken up by horrible braxton-hicks contractions and then I can't go back to sleep.  This has been going on consistently for the past two weeks, although it has gotten worse over the past week.  Why is this happening?! I get BH during the day as well, but they seem to be worse at night.  Any suggestions as to what is going on??

Re: Nightly Braxton-Hicks

• I thought I was having BH's but when I went to my last appoinment MW told me that BH are not painful and when she checked me I was effaced and dialated.  They could be real contractions...not that labor is iminent but I would call the Dr.
  • Generally speaking, your body produces higher levels of oxytocin during the evening, which would make your BH more uncomfortable; not always the case for everyone, but that is what my midwife told me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the same thing, but no solution.
    Have you had internal checks yet? I have my first one tomorrow, so I'm not sure if I'm making any progress.

Here's to hoping these practice contractions make labor a breeze wishful thinking.
    photo photo_zps4ea6bdf2.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I often get contractions or something similar to contractions at night if I try and move or roll over in my sleep and try and use my ab muscles like I would if I wasnt prego instead or fully waking up to change position.  When I do that I get woke up with what I assume is a contraction (FTM so who knows)  Some times they last up to ten mins or so but then stop.  They are a bit painful but I haven't been too concerned about them. Maybe this is what is happening to you?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've definitely been getting them more frequently, mostly at night. Mine aren't wicked-painful or anything, but the intensity has ramped up quite a bit--to say that they're "uncomfortable" would be putting it mildly. My midwife told me that it's normal, and my body is just gearing up for the big day. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"