3rd Trimester

Top of uterus, skin numb to touch?

These seems like a really random question, but just wondering if you ladies think it's a reason to call the doctor.  I've noticed recently that the top of my uterus (in the middle just under my boobs) is numb to the touch.  It's just a small area, probably 2 inches in diameter, but I just thought this was rather odd.  I've never heard of it before.  I still feel baby moving all over the place.  Any thoughts?  Or am I crazy? :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Top of uterus, skin numb to touch?

• I'm not sure if it's normal, but I get it all over my whole uterus/abdominal area. I've just been assuming it's from the stretching going on, and never thought twice about it. It does feel weird, though!
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • if you have any concerns always contact you doctor.. I can not say i know what you mean by this.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the same thing, it's been like this for a few weeks now. I keep forgetting to ask my Dr, but I haven't noticed it getting any worse so I'm not too concerned.
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine has been like this for about 2 months.  I called the OB because I was freaking out about it because it itches, but it's numb at the same time.  The nurse in the office said that it was very normal (though does not happen to everyone) because the skin stretches and there are so few nerves in that area that it creates a numbing sensation.  You could always ask your doctor just to make sure.
  • I have had the same feeling, though mine was slightly off center to my right side. It feels like it does when my hand or foot falls asleep, pins and needles and numbness. I asked the Dr at my last appt she said it was my skin stretching. When it was at its worst, I actually was having an u/s and his foot was jammed up into that exact spot. Just speaking from personal experience though, not any professional advice :-) GL!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had the exact same thing with my first pregnancy, same size, same space.  OB said it is normal, nerves just get affected and stretched.  For me, the feeling there never came back. I still find it weird!
  • imagezockrockwife:
    Mine has been like this for about 2 months.  I called the OB because I was freaking out about it because it itches, but it's numb at the same time.  The nurse in the office said that it was very normal (though does not happen to everyone) because the skin stretches and there are so few nerves in that area that it creates a numbing sensation.  You could always ask your doctor just to make sure.

It is nerve "damage".  It will probably return to normal after some time.

Keep growing preemie ballerina! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • I've got it, too. Not really anything to worry about.
  • I've got it too. It seems like it's in various different spots on my stomach, mainly at the top or on the sides.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers imageimage
  • I have it too.  Had it with my first as well.  It is, at times, unbearable.  After my son was born, I never regained feeling in that area, which is why its surprised me to have it again.  Its much worse for me when I'm sitting down.  If I lay down and stretch my arm out, it alleviates the problem temporarily.  I also notice it is worse after eating or drinking, so I keep my meals small.  Sometimes putting a pillow between my bump and my lap helps too...but nothing really makes it go away for me :(
  • I have this, its numb right under and between my boobs..its been this way for a few months at least I think....I think its normal. I never asked about it, I kept forgetting.
  • yes! i am numb there too. I assumed it was skin stretching and thinned out. I never bothered to ask doc.

BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"