3rd Trimester

Momaroo?!

I just saw this at buybuybaby and was in love! It was kinda pricey, so we went home and checked it out. The reviews were just about even between negative and positive. A lot of people said it moved to slow, but in the store it seemed fast? Its a new company that has only had this swing out since 2010(new one made in 2011). Anyone have this swing or know someone who does? What are your opinions?! I wouldnt mind spending the money on this if its worth it.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Momaroo?!

• It all depends on your baby.  My neighbor got this for her baby (he is 6 days older than my DD) and she said he loved it, for like a week.  I tried DD in it (we would share and compare) around the same time to see if it would soothe her.  She screamed.  However, our other neighbor (her DD is a week and a half younger than my DD) said her DD LOVED it for a good while and is the one who talked my neighbor into getting one.  It all depends on your baby.  Some babies love the bouncer, some love the swing, some might love the momaroo.  Some hate all of the above.  I'd wait and see!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Father's Day at the beach 2014 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • We have one. SIL and another friend both have one and swear it's the best thing ever. Every baby is different, but I thought it was worth a try. Worst case scenario, we will resell on CL.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • We have it.  DS loved it for a couple weeks but then got tired of it.  He didn't like any of the swings we tried either though.  I have a friend who also has it and says it was the best baby purchase she made.  It really does depend on the individual baby.  As far as the going slow thing...I saw those reviews also, and I never really got it.  I mean, it's supposed to be a soothing, rocking thing, not a roller coaster...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have it, but am still awaiting baby. I will report back! :)

imageimageimage

September Signature Challege (May 2015 BMB):

LEAFING!

• imageeceipretsam:
    I have it, but am still awaiting baby. I will report back! :)

Me too! I do recommend looking on CL in your area because we bought ours for $100. This way I don't feel like I'm out much if he doesn't like it and we end up trying something else.

• I disagree, spend the extra hundred and get the 2012 version. They added faster speeds which newborns like more!!

imageimageimage

September Signature Challege (May 2015 BMB):

LEAFING!

• I dont know much about the Momaroo or other swings as I am still waiting for my little lady to arrive any day now.... BUT, as far as the fast vs slow speeds go, think about your baby in the womb.

When we carry our LOs, we do not move in slow motion- walking up/down stairs, or just walking in general, our little ones are in there and the movements are pretty fast- they are getting shifted around pretty quickly, so that is why most babies tend to be soothed by the faster swing speeds than the low speed ones. 

My SIL who works as a baby nurse pretty much said the slow speed is completely useless for newborns and to stick with the high speed until they are older and don't need to be comforted by the movement as much.

Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"