1st Trimester

:(

Urine test at the Doctor's was negative.  Have to wait a couple more days for bloodwork to come back.  Waiting stinks.

Re: :(

• the dr's test is usually not as sensitive as a HPT. I assume you tested at home? What brand?

FX baby is just too new still!

BabyFruit Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family image
  • Don't panic yet! The same thing happened to me and I am 24 weeks pregnant with a little boy who is kicking me as we speak! The tests at the doctor's office are not as sensitive. My blood work confirmed the pregnancy, which im sure will happen to you! Have you taken a first response test or digital, those are more reliable. good luck! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the positive thoughts. 

• Same thing happened to me. Positive HPT on Saturday, Negative urine test at the doctor on Monday, Positive blood test a few days after that! I think the doctors just buy those cheapo 100 miu tests and if your appt is later in the day your urine was probably diluted.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Happened to me too. Try to go first thing in the morning. If you have taken a few home pregnancy tests that are all positive, you are pregnant.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry to hear your frustrations! This does seem like a common thing to happen though. I took two HPT's last Thursday, both positive, and one friday, also positive. Went to the doctors today and my urine test was negative. I asked the nurse to check it again and the second time was positive. She said "that was crazy I waited the first time and it was negative, second time it came up positive right away." I don't think their tests are very sensitive. I am sure everything will be okay for you and your blood test will confirm :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is why my doctor doesn't do a urine test. She doesn't do any tests in fact.
  • This happened with DS as well. Many BFPs at home, and a bfn at doctor. Beta was 42. Doctor's test registered 50+.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"