Parenting

Update

DH and I went to our follow up u/s on Friday. Sadly, the ges sac had not grown and was still completely empty. The only thing that changed was that bleeding had started around the sac. 

We had a follow up appointment this morning. The doctor explained our options and we decided to just to go ahead with a d&c since my body is showing no signs of starting to m/c on its own (no cramping or bleeding)

For those of you with d&c experience, do you want to share what I should expect? We had a total asshat of a midwife this morning who did little more than shame me for still BFing. 

I'm most concerned about recovery. I have childcare for Wednesday (the day of the d&c) and for Thursday. Will I be feeling (physically) good enough to take care of Hen by Friday? Or should I plan for some help that day too?  

imageimage
BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!

Re: Update

• I have no experience or advice, but I just wanted to say I'm so sorry.
    "To me, you are perfect."

• I just wanted to say I'm sorry :(
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • I have no advice, but I am very sorry for your loss.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So sorry to hear it. <hugs>
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am so sorry.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I didn't have a D&C, I miscarried naturally by choice. I was out of commission for a few days. I would just stock up on pads and ibuprofen. I think I was not able to take care of DD probably 2-3 days.

ETa, also I am sorry you had to go through this. When your ready I found comfort over on the TTCAL board.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm so sorry, this is so unfair.  T&P.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    Sorry Hen. I'll be thinking about you.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I'm so sorry, Hen. 
  • imagecar seat:

Oh sweetheart.  I'm so, so sorry.  (((huge hugs)))

I've had two D&Cs, and the recovery was fairly easy for both.  I felt pretty normal the next day.  Physically normal, anyway.  If you feel like you need another day on your own to just be alone, it might not be a bad idea to arrange care. 

(((more hugs)))

Same for me. Physically, I was okay, but mentally, I wouldn't have been able to take on an entire day with my toddler.

This is my siggy. Love it.

• So very sorry for your loss.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh hen, I am so sorry.  ((hugs)) 

As for the D&C, it's not too bad.  You will be drained & want to rest that day & maybe the next.  Do you have someone that can take LO for that day & the next?  It might help to just be able to zone out if you can & cry whenever you feel like it.  You will be fine if you want to take care of Hen, but if you have the option of not having to, I'd take it. 

You PM me anytime you want to about this.  Huge hugs, lots of T&P to you & your family. 

• I am so sorry.
  • Oh Hen, I'm so sorry for you loss:(.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • I have no advice.  I just wanted to say I'm really sorry.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, Hen. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • From what I remember, outpatient, you'll bleed for anywhere from a week to 6 weeks (I stopped a little after a week) and while you may cramp for a few days, it shouldn't be much worse than period cramps.

Also, I am sorry for your loss. I get that it was an empty sack, and I dont know if you and YSO were even trying or if it was an oops, but there were hopes and expectations that went with it, and I am sorry for the loss of those.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Hen-

I'm so sorry.

"Fvuck 'em if they can't take a joke." - Bette Midler Boom Shaka Laka Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So sorry for your loss :(
  • That is so terrible, so sorry! 

Screw that midwife. 

• Sorry, Hen. I hope everything goes well.

• I'm so very sorry for your loss.  Sad

I had a D&C although it was 13 years ago. It was rough being back at work the following day.  I was crampy, pretty naseous & just wanted to curl up in a little ball.

• I'm sorry for your loss.  I think physically the next day you should be able to take care of your child -- however I just wanted to lay in bed, emotionally I wasn't ready.  I took the next day off and had a pity party.  The day after that I went to work as normal and began anew. 

Again, I'm sorry for your loss.  It sucks. 

• I'm so sorry, and I'm so sorry about the midwife.  She clearly has no idea WTF she's talking about.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • I am so sorry you are going through this.

I have had 2 D&C's.  Physically I was fine the same day (other than the bleeding) but emotionally i needed a couple of days to be able to even want to leave the house or be around people.

• I have no advice, but I am so so very sorry! :( **hugs**

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • So sorry :( For me a d&c was pretty much nothing. I felt completely normal, just some extra cramping. So physically, it's pretty easy.

• Big huge hugs sent your way.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• You'll be fine by Thursday.  I'm so sorry.
  • Big hugs! I'm so sorry for your loss. It's terrible your MW was so unsupportive. It's none of her business you're still BF. mine told me the AAP recommends BF till 2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Oh this breaks my heart to read this. I've been out of tb loop for a while and hadn't even seen that you were pregnant. I am so sorry and will be praying for yall during this time!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I'm so, so sorry. Huge never-ending semi-creepy hugs from me.
  • I am so very sorry.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• I am so sorry Hen.
  • I'm so sorry Hen. I can't believe this happened to you. Take care of yourself sweetie.
  • I'm sorry. I've had 2 and they both were the same as far as recovery. I needed that night to sleep (both were done early AM) and then the next day I was just tired/achy/crampy. It's more emotional recovery than physical.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • So sorry for your loss, hon. Wilted Flower
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • imagecar seat:

I've had two D&Cs, and the recovery was fairly easy for both.  I felt pretty normal the next day.  Physically normal, anyway.  If you feel like you need another day on your own to just be alone, it might not be a bad idea to arrange care. 

(((more hugs)))

All of mine were natural m/cs, but I felt the same - physically OK, though I would've been delighted to lay on the couch and zone out to bad movies all day.

Consider, if you want some time alone, getting coverage.

I'm so so sorry for your loss.  

• imageVenus04d:
    imagecar seat:

(((more hugs)))

Same for me. Physically, I was okay, but mentally, I wouldn't have been able to take on an entire day with my toddler.

This. Except it was before DD and I couldn't get off work the next day. Physically I was able to handle... But I wasn't in the best place mentally. Work was hard that day... 

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm very sorry.
    image Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"