November 2011 Moms

FFFC ladies!

Make em good!
                                Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: FFFC ladies!

• I'm really sick of the mommy wars.  It seems to be everywhere- on FB, on tv, on here.  I don't care if you work, SAHM, WFH, BF, FF, CD, DD, make your own food, or buy food.  If your kid is happy and healthy I'm cool with whatever you do.  My parenting decisions don't make me a better parent than you, just different. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am happy that DD said mama before dada. I am working on having her say dada, but no such luck. I am home with her all day; I would feel bad if she said dada first before mama! ;-)

Last night DD woke up at midnight and would not let me put her back in her crib without screaming bloody murder. This went on for an hour and a half. I went in a few times to rock her after letting her cry for 5-10 minute increments (she falls asleep usually within just the first time increment that I let her cry). I have the overnight duty every night because DH works. My confession is that I am glad DH was awake while I was up with her for an hour and a half. I don't like suffering alone and I have been up if she has done this since birth. DH helps if I ask, but it is expected that it is my responsibility because I can nap during her naps. I was glad that I wasn't suffering alone though. :-/

• Loading the player...
  • I am really really judgy of other moms in public. For example, when I see an infant carrier on the top of a shopping cart, I cringe. Or, the other day I was in a parking lot, and saw this like 8 year old boy having a total hissy fit, and the mom just dragged him to the car and basically threw him in. I thought, for sure, she was just going to haul off and beat him right there. I just sit back and tell myself I'm a way better mom than they are...and it is terrible and mean.
  • imageEstwd2:
    imagemagel050485:
    I'm really sick of the mommy wars.nbsp; It seems to be everywhere on FB, on tv, on here.nbsp; I don't care if you work, SAHM, WFH, BF, FF, CD, DD, make your ownnbsp;food, or buy food.nbsp; If your kid is happy and healthy I'm cool with whatever you do.nbsp; My parenting decisions don't make me a better parent than you, just different.nbsp;
    I agree that others' parenting decisions are none of my business, but I enjoy debating them on here. I love to argue and when I think other people have illogical or silly reasons for choosing whatever it is they're defending, I feel even happier with my own parenting decisions. My FFFC is I miss clizh. Ever since her implosion, it's been dead around here.

Ditto.  

• Someone beat me to the punch on mine:  I secretly love mommy wars.  I also love that we can debate online, so I don't lose friends IRL.  Maybe I love it because I don't take it all that seriously- I just like to debate.  And, our debates have changed my opinion in some cases, so I hope we keep it going.  Really, there's not that much else to talk about.  This board would be dead without mommy wars.

Confession #2:  Formula is awesome.  I am still super pro-BFing, and I'm going to keep pumping and nursing like I have been.  However, giving DD some formula this week took a huge load off my shoulders.  If I have another kid, I'm not going to beat myself up so much about EBFing.

• I can't wait for school to start back up. My 5 year old will be in kindergarten this year and she needs some "away from mommy" time. And I need to get stuff done, as well as not have to explain everything 5 different ways. I need just a small break. A little absence makes the heart grow fonder!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love shopping for LO.  But before I shopped for DSS and DSD a lot and I have stopped.  DSD said recently "oh you bought the baby more stuff" like she was jealous.  I don't feel bad because they never tell me thank you for anything!  These kids are 17 and 14.  
    image image Siggy Challange: Before and After 2 Days old Image and video hosting by TinyPic Almost 9 Months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't and likely will never believe in ghosts, mediums, psychics, demons, etc...  
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • My FFFC is True blood. I am hooked. I love Eric.
  • imagedesine77:
    My FFFC is True blood. I am hooked. I love Eric.

This is far from flameworthy! WTF is up with Bill? This season is 238048x better than last season.

• imagegracefulruby33:

imagedesine77:

This is far from flameworthy! WTF is up with Bill? This season is 238048x better than last season.

Ahh! No spoilers! I have been watching it on demand so i am only on season three; i am dying to get caught up!
  • My FFFC is that we're going on a double date tomorrow (fondue, woo hoo).  We called and made our reservation 1 hour later than originally planned so that we can spend an hour drinking wine before dinner.

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageEstwd2:
    imagemagel050485:
    I'm really sick of the mommy wars.nbsp; It seems to be everywhere on FB, on tv, on here.nbsp; I don't care if you work, SAHM, WFH, BF, FF, CD, DD, make your ownnbsp;food, or buy food.nbsp; If your kid is happy and healthy I'm cool with whatever you do.nbsp; My parenting decisions don't make me a better parent than you, just different.nbsp;
    I agree that others' parenting decisions are none of my business, but I enjoy debating them on here. I love to argue and when I think other people have illogical or silly reasons for choosing whatever it is they're defending, I feel even happier with my own parenting decisions. My FFFC is I miss clizh. Ever since her implosion, it's been dead around here.

I think there is a difference between healthy debates and the flat out "Moms that formula feed are horrible" or "Working moms obviously don't love their child."  That I'm not cool with.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tomorrow is our 5 year anniversary, and we have been so busy, I haven't had time to get a thoughtful gift.....I got DH a sweater, which is ok, but I usually have a mental list of several great gifts for him, and I have just been failing lately (his Bday was a couple weeks ago, same story). Plus, I think he got me something nice this year.....

• I am super excited for football season to start! It is me and DH's favorite time of the year :)

DH bought DS a little Bears jersey. Next year, he gets to wear a Cardinals jersery!

Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• I am kind of excited that DS will only be FF for another month and a half to 2 months.  He was BF'ed until 8 mo, when he weaned himself and I had a huge supply drop.  FF is so darn expensive!  I am glad he will go to milk soon because it is so much cheaper.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagegracefulruby33:

imagedesine77:

ITA about Eric.  Hot hottie.  

I've never been a Bill fan...books or show.  Not my cup of tea. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"