November 2011 Moms

Little one doesn't want to eat his baby food?

Hey ladies its been a while...

Juan Michael up until two weeks ago would eat a whole large jar of food at lunch and then again for dinner.  Now he will eat only 1/3.  He went from 22 to 20 lbs in two weeks.  He was sick though with an ear infection and then a stomach virus went through all of us last weekend.  But he has been back to normal with everything else since Monday.  Except how much baby food he wants to eat.  He starts trying to pull the food out of his mouth and then will not open it at all and shake his head no.  I'm thinking he may have picked this up at the sitters???  But the cut back on eating still bothers me. 

btw he is still taking his formula normaly.

image image Siggy Challange: Before and After 2 Days old Image and video hosting by TinyPic Almost 9 Months Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Little one doesn't want to eat his baby food?

• Have you tried giving him finger foods?  I never did purees, but at this point I feel like our LOs are getting too old for them.  Or maybe he is teething?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He was eating the "chunky" baby food.  And he seemed to not be able to get enough....  Yeah he has gotten his first two teeth in the last month so that could be it. Because of the lack of teeth I've just been giving him soft stuff he can gum on like green beans, some scrambled egg etc.  But he has snubbed his nose to those too.   I guess I should be happy that he is normal for everything else?

image image Siggy Challange: Before and After 2 Days old Image and video hosting by TinyPic Almost 9 Months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Just keep offering a variety of foods. Different textures, etc. He should be getting his nutrients from formula so I wouldn't be too concerned. Just one of many loops to get thrown at us parents :
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD1 decided she was done with purees at 9 months and went to all finger food.  He might just be getting interested in self feeding and trying new textures and tastes.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • imagembgreenwalt:
    DD1 decided she was done with purees at 9 months and went to all finger food.  He might just be getting interested in self feeding and trying new textures and tastes.

I agree with this...we have been BLW for awhile, but I assume you are still just doing the chunky purees. LO refuses most things if I have to feed them to him, unless he is too tired to eat himself. Try introducing finger foods into his diet and see what happens

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"