September 2012 Moms
Options

I think my boss is scared, ha

Just had a meeting with my boss, and I was running down a list of things that I'm getting ready before my leave, as well as some things we need to find other people to do. He said that before I go out, I should send an email letting other employees know when I'll be on leave and that they can contact him in the interim. So I told him I'd just wait until close to my date, and estimate when I'd be out, and he looked panicked as he said, "So, you're working right up until you have the baby?" Haha. First of all, I've told him before this is my plan. But secondly, way to sound freaked out that I might go into labor at the office. Maybe I should reconsider my plan.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I think my boss is scared, ha

• Options
    I'm a teacher and one of the assistant principals was already telling me in the spring what my plan was if I went into labor and that calling him would probably not be a good option.....haha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My co-workers are the same way! One girl totally said if my water broke she'd clean it and let the other drive me to the hospital. At least they care I guess. Lol Stick out tongue

Cooper Edward

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Having a male boss during pregnancy can be pretty funny.  Last time, my boss was just worried that every day I left (after 36 weeks), that I wouldn't be coming back the next morning. 

Since DS was late, it was a long 4 weeks with not enough to do because my boss was afraid to give me something I couldn't complete!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options

imagebonjourbelle05:
    I'm a teacher and one of the assistant principals was already telling me in the spring what my plan was if I went into labor and that calling him would probably not be a good option.....haha

Lmao, I worked up until the wk before ds was born and my male VP told me he knows cpr but couldnt deliver a baby. Plus, my principal was starting to get nervous that week bc i was so huge and swollen. I think they were relieved when I left!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekelbel527:

Having a male boss during pregnancy can be pretty funny.  Last time, my boss was just worried that every day I left (after 36 weeks), that I wouldn't be coming back the next morning. 

Since DS was late, it was a long 4 weeks with not enough to do because my boss was afraid to give me something I couldn't complete!

Or pretty ridiculous! My boss is trying to take away all of my extra shifts and overtime next month because I "could potentially go into labor any day." So make sure there are some employees willing to pick them up if I go out! Don't punish me, especially when I'll probably be here all month and just as capable of working as ever!

"Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • Options

I know my boss is getting a little iffy about me being here.  I have been going through false labour for about 3 weeks now (which I will be happy to be finished any time now!).  So any time I get a contraction he tries to look the other way. 

My coworker (the girl who just got back from maternity leave) is being a ton of help though.  She has already helped me out a few times. 

Have I mentioned false labour SUCKS!

Baby #2 on its way - EDD June 4th!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageKellersPrag:
    imagekelbel527:

Or pretty ridiculous! My boss is trying to take away all of my extra shifts and overtime next month because I "could potentially go into labor any day." So make sure there are some employees willing to pick them up if I go out! Don't punish me, especially when I'll probably be here all month and just as capable of working as ever!

That's not good!  At least my male boss is being fair with everything.  I don't think he's allowed to cut your extra shifts or overtime just because you're pregnant.  Hopefully he's not getting away with it!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options

Thankfully my boss has 2 children of her own and completely understands. However, the younger women who I manage are a completely different story. They've never even heard of BH, and one poor girl nearly panicked as I was waddling around and taking small sitting breaks pretty often the other night. I had to reassure her so many times that I was not going to go into labor that I started to wonder that myself! 

My plan was also to work up until the end, but now that no one wants to work alone with me (for fear of my going into labor) I may have to reconsider.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"