April 2013 Moms

First Doctor's Appointment Today!

I don't think I have ever been so excited and terrified at the same time before. This is my first pregnancy. All of this is a whole new world for me. Any ideas on how this appointment should go? Veterans?
IAmPregnant Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: First Doctor's Appointment Today!

• It will be transvaginal.  They may be able to see a heartbeat... they just check your uterus to make sure baby is growing fine and is measuring at where it needs to be.  You may see a tiny little dot. :)  
    Young and in Love.
    11.07.09 <3<BR> From Hightops to Flatlands: My Blog
    BabyFruit Ticker Labor Buddies! TheSinger & Jennery!
  • imageTheSinger:
    It will be transvaginal.  They may be able to see a heartbeat... they just check your uterus to make sure baby is growing fine and is measuring at where it needs to be.  You may see a tiny little dot. :)  

OOoOoh, I want to see my little doot dot! I'm assuming they will be stabbing me with a million needles too? ccrriinnggee 

• Loading the player...
  • It may be different in Canada...but our first appointment doesn't include an ultrasound - we go at a seperate appt. to one. The first appt. includes medical history, weight, pap smear, and overview of the bloodwork...its different for everyone.

My first appt is today too! Well, with the doctor, who will order any tests my midwife may need, then I see her in two weeks...and will see the midwife from then on out. 

• imageEmLaw84:

OOoOoh, I want to see my little doot dot! I'm assuming they will be stabbing me with a million needles too? ccrriinnggee 

I don't think there are needles involved, but I'm not sure. 

Young and in Love.
    11.07.09 <3<BR> From Hightops to Flatlands: My Blog
    BabyFruit Ticker Labor Buddies! TheSinger & Jennery!
  • My first appointment last time around was transvaginal ultrasound, some paperwork talking about different tests they can do for you and some blood work at the lab. Four more weeks until my first appointment, I cannot wait. Smile Good luck and have some fun today!
    DS1 BFP 1/2011 born 10/6/11
    DS2 BFP 8/2012 born 5/1/13
    #3 BFP 1/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My first appointment is today, too! Hope yours goes well and you get to see your little jumping bean. Smile I had a transvaginal ultrasound at my first appointment with DS, and I assume I will have one this time as well. I did have to have blood work done, so sorry you will probably get a needle. Your doctor or midwife will go over your family medical history, your medical history, they will want to know about any previous surgeries or pregnancies, any healthy complications, etc. I would recommend bringing a list of any questions you may have, as it's easy to get a little overwhelmed with all the information they give you at the first appointment.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had my first appointment today. It was history, exam & blood work. I go back next week for the first ultra sound. I hope you get to have yours today!! Best wishes Smile
  • I had my first appointment today. It was history, exam & blood work. I go back next week for the first ultra sound. I hope you get to have yours today!! Best wishes Smile
  • I called and scheduled my first appt. today.  They won't see me until 10 weeks. I definitely thought it would be sooner than that. I'm disappointed, especially since I see a lot of y'all are around 6/8 weeks.  She said we would see the HB, do a pap, and lab work.  
  • My first appointment is today too! I am just finishing up my 6th week. I don't know if they are going to do an ultrasound or not, but now that I see from your posts that they might I am very excited..... but either way I've been excited for todays appointment, this is my first pregnancy and I am not sure what to expect.  Good Luck everyone!
  • Thanks for all the encouragement girls! My appointment was kinda disappointing. No sono, no blood work, no anything really. Just paperwork. I wanted reassurance. Next tuesday I get my first sono to check for heartbeat. Every day it gets more and more real. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"