January 2013 Moms

Facebook Adds 'Expecting A Baby' Option

Facebook has added a bunch of new "Life Events" as options to add on your Timeline. One is "Expecting a Baby" and you can include gender, the due date and add a photo. Will you add this as a Life Event on Facebook?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/15/facebook-adds-expecting-status_n_1778689.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

All the various Life Events options they've added are kinda hilarious. They include Broken Bone, Removed Braces, New Tattoo or Piercing, New Eating Habits. Really? 

Norah transformed our family January 6, 2013

imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Facebook Adds 'Expecting A Baby' Option

• We will not be. In fact we are keeping our pregnancy off Facebook altogether.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think it's a fun idea. I've tried to add "expecting a baby" but I can't find it unde the options. Maybe it's preggy brain. I can only find the option to load a child that's already born... If anyone works it out, let me know!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMikeFSarahC:
    We will not be. In fact we are keeping our pregnancy off Facebook altogether.

This is us, we've posted nothing about it on Facebook. I let the people I want to know read my blog.
  • imagecwildt:

I think it's a fun idea. I've tried to add "expecting a baby" but I can't find it unde the options. Maybe it's preggy brain. I can only find the option to load a child that's already born... If anyone works it out, let me know!

Hmm really? From your profile, Life Event > Family & Relationships > Expecting a Child. If you don't see it, maybe they haven't finished making it available for all profiles just yet.

Norah transformed our family January 6, 2013

imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not going to do it. But we are also not putting much about the pregnancy on fb. We put one announcement and that will likely be it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageungraceful13:
    I'm not going to do it. But we are also not putting much about the pregnancy on fb. We put one announcement and that will likely be it.

This. I have too many friends who are still struggling with infertility and I do not see the need to unnecessarily bring them pain when they log onto fb. They know I'm pregnant and that's enough.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageEAMommy:

imageungraceful13:
    I'm not going to do it. But we are also not putting much about the pregnancy on fb. We put one announcement and that will likely be it.

This. I have too many friends who are still struggling with infertility and I do not see the need to unnecessarily bring them pain when they log onto fb. They know I'm pregnant and that's enough.

This I totally agree.

DS 1-31-13 DD 9-3-14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"