September 2012 Moms

Friend complaining of not being induced.

Angry

With all the ladies on here that are going into labor early and knowing someone that just had a huge scare with her son being born at 34 weeks, I want to kill this friend of mine.  I posted a while ago that she complained through the whole pregnancy, saying that they better induce her early.  She had the same discomfort as the rest of us.  Nothing other than that.  Now, she is 38 weeks and texting me that she is mad that they won't induce her.  When I asked why they would she said "just to move things along because this sucks."  Trying very hard to stay calm and say the right things to her.  She is also claiming that if she goes to 40 weeks, that is a guarenteed c section.  But, can't give me a reason why.  Why can't people see how important it is to keep LOs in until they are ready to come.  I was induced at 39 weeks with DS for Pre-E, so I get being induced for medical reasons, but in this case, there are none.  We have all been through the ups and downs of being pregnant for a very long time.  What is another week or two!? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Friend complaining of not being induced.

• She sounds like an uneducated brat. You can tell her that someone else said that ;)
    Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd just stop responding to her texts. 

Or let her know that if they induce her early, prior to her body being ready, her risk of c/s goes up too.  So there's always that regardless of when she has the baby.  haha.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I personally don't get it either... but then again, I via the grace of God had an easy pregnancy with #1 and so far (am 37 weeks and a few days now) are having with with #2 as well... so I know I may have a longer "rope" so to speak.

Honestly-- the worst part about late pregnancy is emotional for me... worrying that something bad will happen to the baby and she is old enough to be full term and live outside and worrying that I would regret each day after full term if something God forbid the worst happened.   I felt this way with DS as well... and went to 41 weeks 13 days.  It was difficult emotionally for me but not physically. 

I think pregnancy is a difficult process in so many ways.    I would just listen and try not to get upset (easier said that done).

• I completely agree!! I have a slew of medical issues, but want to keep my LO in as long as I can. It's hard and I'm miserable, but a healthy LO is worth it all. Let's hold them in as long as we can!! haha. 
  • imagetara1223:
    tell her you know someone who will gladly switch with her. She can get cut open for me, and I'll push out her LO at 42w.

1. She can certainly trade with me.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageallierhiana1:
    Is your friend KLM?  Haha

Lol.  Unless she is being very very sneaky, no.  If she was on TB, she would have gotten RIPPED apart so many times.

• your friend is an idiot.
  • imageanitalynn:

imageallierhiana1:
    Is your friend KLM?  Haha

No sht. Both OP and KLM live in NJ....

I was thinking the same thing....

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• imageLILBIT1221:
    your friend is an idiot.

P.S. you crack me up. 

• BPerBPer member

I have a 'friend' doing some similar complaining. She was all baggy about being 3cm dilated at 36 weeks, making obnoxious Facebook posts like 'Dr. says baby will be coming early!' and 'I probably won't make it to my due date!'.

By 37 weeks, she started making comments that baby was being stubborn, as he has not been born yet. She's been sent home from the hospital 3 times...and she's not even due until next week.

No medical issues, just discomfort. I want to slap her. 

• imagecarmendanielle:

imageLILBIT1221:
    your friend is an idiot.

P.S. you crack me up. 

sorry, was that too much? ha-ha
  • imageLILBIT1221:
    your friend is an idiot.

Yes  I never knew before getting pg how vital those last couple weeks are to development. I am hoping with all of my might that I reach my due date.

Met DH - Aug 2001 :: Married - Jan 2010 :: DD born - Sept 2012

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • imageManx4:

I'd just stop responding to her texts. 

Or let her know that if they induce her early, prior to her body being ready, her risk of c/s goes up too.  So there's always that regardless of when she has the baby.  haha.

This! My friend is 5 weeks behind me and is talking about how awesome it would be to have her baby before mine! I just started ignoring her because her baby does not need to come that early! She is obviously ignorant and doesn't realize that baby needs to bake in there as long as possible!

Your not the only one with a crazy friend! 

• Update:  Just got the reason why a c section would be necessary at 40 weeks.  "The baby is estimated to be over 8lbs and this is my first so I won't be able to deliver"

I am not sure if everyone else got that memo, but apparently 8+lbs = too big, therefore guarenteed c section.  Maybe I should make that a PSA.

• imageallierhiana1:
    Is your friend KLM? nbsp;Haha

You took the words right out of my mouth!!

OP... introduce them! They could be besties!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageMichelenDave06:

Update:  Just got the reason why a c section would be necessary at 40 weeks.  "The baby is estimated to be over 8lbs and this is my first so I won't be able to deliver"

I am not sure if everyone else got that memo, but apparently 8+lbs = too big, therefore guarenteed c section.  Maybe I should make that a PSA.

That is horseshit.  Sorry.  But I am a FTM and I am going to be 36weeks tomorrow my little guy is already estimated to be 8lbs.  I am being told to be ready for a 9-11lb baby and I haven't been offered a c/s by my doctor.  She is so full of sh!t.

Baby #2 on its way - EDD June 4th!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MeNVMeNV member

8+lbs = c section? My sil, who weighed all of 105 lbs at 40 weeks pregnant, pushed out a nine lb baby a few months ago. Guess her dic didn't get the memo.

Baby Boy - 03/29/10
    Baby Boy - 08/02/12
    Baby Girl - 04/19/14 Missing her everyday.

• Whatever...8 lbs is NOT too big...sounds like she just wants to grab attention.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelzmac11:
    imageMichelenDave06:

Update:  Just got the reason why a c section would be necessary at 40 weeks.  "The baby is estimated to be over 8lbs and this is my first so I won't be able to deliver"

That is horseshit.  Sorry.  But I am a FTM and I am going to be 36weeks tomorrow my little guy is already estimated to be 8lbs.  I am being told to be ready for a 9-11lb baby and I haven't been offered a c/s by my doctor.  She is so full of sh!t.

Also a FTM here and my doc told me I'm going to have a big baby!  Some people need to just not speak!  I'd rather push out a large baby than be induced because my baby is going to be big!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh, I have a friend like this. With all three of her kids, she complained they wouldn't induce her early, and she only went to 40w with one of them (one came at 37, another at 38.5)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"