April 2011 Moms

Today is Shot day

My LO has a doctor's appointment at 3:30 and I know it's time for another round of shots. I am dreading it. Thank God for my husband because he holds him when they do it. I tear up and get major anxiety there. My DH always asks why I am the one getting upset since I'm not the one getting shots. I guess I just feel bad for him. I know they have to hurt and he looks so sad. It's getting worse as he gets older. Anyone else have issues with this?

Re: Today is Shot day

• I hate shots, and I probably feel a little anxious on shots day, but I know by now that her crying only lasts a minute, so I wouldn't say I have issues with it.

I'm sorry you're struggling.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I usually cry more than DS.  I hate the look on his face when the hurt hits.  It's a necessary evil.  Hang in there :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I teared up with his 2 month shots because I had never heard him scream like that. He's done a little better every time since then and normally calms down pretty quickly with some snuggling.  It still makes me sad to see him upset, but I know that it's necessary.  We normally go to Target after all his appointments and he gets a new toy for being such a champ with the shots.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • He ended up getting 3 shots and the last was one that would burn. I did get a huge knot in my throat and tried not to cry. He was fine after a minute of turning red and screaming! This morning I talked to the sitter and he is wobbling because his leg is sore. Poor guy. She's going to give him some Children's Advil and put a warm rag on it. I think we have one more round at 18 months then just flu shots until he's 4. Thank Goodness!!!
  • I hate shots too.  I hate seeing my baby cry.  We got our next round of shots in October for the 18 month appointment.  I'm preparing myself emotionally for that one!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"