September 2012 Moms

Do you have 2 middle names?

I'm still trying to figure out Hazel's middle name and as of today I'm seriously considering a dual middle name option:

Hazel Marie Amelia

The thing is, I've never really thought about multiple middle names and I don't know if the are annoying, if one is dropped anyway, or how they are used as far as school, legal issues, etc.

If you have 2 middle names, how has it affected your life?

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do you have 2 middle names?

• We're giving our LO 2 middle names... Braden Anthony Michael...

Nothing wrong with two :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are giving our little boy two middle names too. His name will be Mason Stephen Michael! I think it'll be alright and if it annoys her later on she can drop one or something or just go by one of them.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have two adopted siblings from Korea and my parents wanted to honor their Korean names. Anne Marie Sun has two first names and goes by Annie. Maxwell Hunter Jin has two middle names and goes by Max. Neither have issues with their names or has my mom mentioned any difficulty. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have only 1 middle name but DH has 2. I don't think there are any legal problems with 2 middle names. Sometime there isn't room to write them out on forms, but you can always squish your writing!

Our LO will have 2 middle names- what those names will be, I wish I knew! :)

• My DH has two fairly long middle names, and a long last name. The main issue he has run into is the whole name not fitting on an airline ticket. This can be an issue with the new regs if your id/passport doesn't match the ticket info, but generally a person looking at it figures it out quickly or you can just use middle initials on your passport.
                        Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I kinda sorta have to middle names I grew with my mom telling I had two, Charlotte Janae (it was going to be first and middle) but when I needed my birth certificate for something I noticed that she never actually added the Janae name.

Anyway with two middle names I would think that they would use the first middle name for school and stuff. 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • I have two middle names, and it is shortened pretty much everywhere (My drivers license goes first name, middle name, middle initial, last name).

But if little one is a girl, she will have two middle names, so it hasn`t scarred me for life or anything!

Just my two cents, but I really like Hazel Amelia Marie, instead of marie amelia.  I think it flows better, but that`s just my opinion!

•  My full first name is Jaime Lee plus a middle name. I'm not sure if that counts but either way, it doesn't bother me. Everyone just calls me Jaime anyway.

If LO is a boy, he will have two middle names to honor two father figures. I have a friend who has 2 and she doesn't mind it because it only affects a limited amount of situations. I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagejfor5367:

I have two middle names, and it is shortened pretty much everywhere (My drivers license goes first name, middle name, middle initial, last name).

But if little one is a girl, she will have two middle names, so it hasn`t scarred me for life or anything!

Just my two cents, but I really like Hazel Amelia Marie, instead of marie amelia.  I think it flows better, but that`s just my opinion!

The main reason for the order is because her initials would spell HAMS with our last name if it was Amelia Marie. :) This is a whole new ballgame as of today, though, so we're trying to figure it all out. Also, Marie is a family/sentimental name so if it were shortened it would be to that one, with her still having less known pizazz with Amelia. 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageterri_doula2010:
    imagejfor5367:

I have two middle names, and it is shortened pretty much everywhere (My drivers license goes first name, middle name, middle initial, last name).

The main reason for the order is because her initials would spell HAMS with our last name if it was Amelia Marie. :) This is a whole new ballgame as of today, though, so we're trying to figure it all out. Also, Marie is a family/sentimental name so if it were shortened it would be to that one, with her still having less known pizazz with Amelia. 

Ok yeah, the HAMS thing would get me too!!  :)   Stick with Marie Amelia!

• i have two middle names: elizabeth and my mother's maiden name. i like the idea of having something from her side, i'm not just a huge fan of what her maiden name actually is. hah.

we'll be giving our girl two middle names: elizabeth (family tradition) and my last name. my partner and i are engaged but i won't be taking his last name. i'd like her name to reflect a connection to me as well, but don't like double last names.

i've had zero problems having two middle names. official docs/cards are inconsistent - some have both initials, some have the first middle name (more often 'eliza' for whatever reason), some have neither. it's never caused any trouble. 

• imageSteph+J:

I hate my double middle name, but that's my fault. I kept my maiden name and my original middle name, so my name is annoyingly long.

Stephanie Lyn Maiden Married

But most of the time, it's just dropped anyway. All my credit cards, for example are just "Stephanie L Married."  The only issue I've had is with people not knowing that my maiden name is a second middle name rather than having two last names. But you shouldn't run into that at all if they're obviously 'first' names and not family names.

This is me as well, but I don't mind the 2 middle names. I kept my maiden name because I have a large family and it was important for me to keep the tie. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • I don't have any middle names (well, now I do since I made my maiden name my middle name when I got married).

DS has two middle names, though. He's too young still for us to know if we've scarred him for life!

• DD2 is Lorelai Julia Joy.

Never thought about multiple middle names, but this is our last and I wanted both names.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imageSteph+J:

I kept my maiden name and my original middle name, so my name is annoyingly long.

I did this too - but I really haven't used the full thing either.  Not sure why I kept the maiden name as a second middle name now that I think back on it!    

• Sister has 2 middle names and doesn't mind it, she says that the last one always gets dropped off credit cards and ID because it doesn't fit but other than that it doesn't bother her.

Her name is Melissa Anne-Marie Lastname

We are giving DS 2 middle names to honor family.  Willem Cael John Lastname.  Cael is my great grandfathers middle name and is also a Gaelic name we both loved.  John is a family name; DH's middle name, FIL's middle name, my dad's first name, my grandfathers first name. 

Baby #2 on its way - EDD June 4th!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"