September 2012 Moms

probably not a good sign ....

....when the SMELL of our dinner in the crock pot is giving me heartburn.  I had a craving for shredded buffalo chicken sandwiches, but now I can't even breathe without feeling the burn.  I just moved the crock out to the garage and popped another Zantac.  I think I'm having a PB&J for dinner.  POUT WAH POUT.

In other news, I talked my doctor out of the crotch probe/cervix check this morning, so you win some, you lose some. 

the bug & bee blog
(read it. you know you want to.)
anderson . september 2008
vivian . february 2010
mabel . august 2012
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: probably not a good sign ....

• "Honey, I'm home. Hey, where is dinner?"

"in the garage"

LOL

• Lois, help yourself.  Don't blame me if you're vomiting acid at 2am. 

imageLILBIT1221:

"Honey, I'm home. Hey, where is dinner?"

"in the garage"

LOL

Right?  AND DON'T BRING IT INSIDE. 

the bug & bee blog
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLoisLane23:
    Bummer. Can I come eat it, it sounds amazing!

Yes I would love the recipe if you are willing to share :):) I love spicy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageLILBIT1221:

"Honey, I'm home. Hey, where is dinner?"

"in the garage"

LOL

Yes 

• Funny, I had PB&J for lunch and have been craving buffalo chicken dip all afternoon. I'm alone tonight adn was trying to decide if it was worth the heartbearn. Me thinks not.

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• I got a couple sushi rolls for lunch & I ate the entire glob of wasabi. Embarrassed pregnancy does weird things to me man.
  • Sounds amazing for a meal after baby.  Right now it would be heartburn city.  This kid took all my spicy palate away :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2 on its way - EDD June 4th!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maybe you should just send DH and the kiddos out to the garage with a blanket and some utensils. Garage picnic!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLILBIT1221:
    I got a couple sushi rolls for lunch & I ate the entire glob of wasabi. Embarrassed pregnancy does weird things to me man.

H brought me deep fried sushi last Friday...I love that man with all my heart.

Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • imageamanda2424:

imageLoisLane23:
    Bummer. Can I come eat it, it sounds amazing!

Yes I would love the recipe if you are willing to share :):) I love spicy

SUPER easy!

Take 3-5 chicken breasts (frozen) and put in crock pot.  Pour a bottle of buffalo sauce over the top, I use the Frank's stuff.  Dump a packet of ranch dressing mix on top of that.  Cook on low for ..... awhile.  I just wing it, it's usually like 4-5 hours, whenever the chicken easily shreds.  Helpful hint: use your KitchenAid mixer (if applicable) to shred the chicken in 2.5 seconds flat.  Put back in crock pot with a couple tbsp. of butter, stir up, let cook for another hour or so.  YUM, unless you're heartburnyass me. 

the bug & bee blog
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
  • That is too fuuny, I am making shredded buffalo chicken for sandwiches in my crock pot right now also!  It does smell pretty spicy so I added some cream cheese to cut it a little.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had heartburn from a peanut butter sandwhih this morning so I say go for it and the chicken. For me, I get heartburn regardless of what I eat so I might as well enjoy it. 
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"