September 2012 Moms
Options

Irrational fears

I have this irrational fear every once in a while that my daughter is going to end up being a son and I won't be ready with a name or anything. We have clothes since we already have one S, but still.

I've thought it was a girl since January (scientific stuff right there!) and then at my 20 week ultrasound the doctor said, "I'm almost positive the baby is a girl." I understand that some doctors just won't commit and he got a good look at that area, but that "almost" thing keeps throwing me.

Is anyone else having irrational fears about this or anything else? Care to share?

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Irrational fears

• Options

I almost posted this exact same thing. I had multiple ultrasounds with DD (elective) to confirm she was a girl, but only my 20 wk anatomy scan with this LO. 

I'm getting very nervous.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm glad it isn't just me.

Also, every time I read your name in my head I do it with pizaaz. Mrs. KaPOW!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, I'm pretty sure he's a boy as he's been sure to show off the jewels in every u/s.  I have a fear in the back of my head that something is wrong with him, physical and/or mentally that wasn't picked up.  I'm sure he's fine though but worrying is a moms duty!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i have a fear the dr, nurse and DH are going to play a dirty joke on me and tell me its a girl and im going to start ugly crying because i really want, and am having a boy...testicles confirmed on saturday at u/s#4...lol
  • Options

Every ultrasound that we have had that would show gender we have showing us that we are having a boy.  But the last couple days my head is going 'what if it is a girl' and I can't even think of what we would do if it was.  All I have is boy stuff.  EEK!!!

Baby #2 on its way - EDD June 4th!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

im kinda nervous that DD would actually be a boy, but theyve checked and no jewels lol if its a boy it will be very feminine for a bit till i can get some clothes (i doubt thatll happen though)

also im so nervous i'll go into labor while DF is out of town and he wont get back in time. i know realistically labor can/probably will take HOURS giving him plenty of time to get on a plane if needed and get home i just hope she decides its time when hes home/relatively close

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I have an irrational fear that somehow DH is going to be able to convince the birth certificate lady to only let him sign & my kid is going to end up with a name like Wolfgang Axel Rod S----------
  • Options
    imageterri_doula2010:

YES! Can you please add one of those comic book >POW< things to your siggy? Thanks.
  • Options
    imageterri_doula2010:

I read it in the Lightning McQueen "ka-CHOW" voice. :)

Our LO was very clearly a boy at 19 and 29 weeks (the tech labeled a photo with "Still a boy!") but DH and I have still had several conversations about "Oh man, what if it's a girl?" If LO is a girl, she will be named Erica and she will wear some very clothes that will make people assume she's a boy. (We're not big into gendered things, but everyone else bought us the clothes so it is what it is.)

I also have a truckload of irrational fears because it's just my nature. I keep telling DH I don't want to somehow end up alone at the hospital. He assures me that between him, my mom, and a truckload of medical professionals, I won't be alone, but I just keep thinking that I will somehow end up by myself. I know it's irrational, but I'm nervous.

• Options
    imageLILBIT1221:
    imageterri_doula2010:

YES! Can you please add one of those comic book >POW< things to your siggy? Thanks.

Totally used to have that back in The Knot days.  Aw, memories.  I will poke around and decide if I'm up for dealing with TB's siggy crap. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagelinzeek44:

If LO is a girl, she will be named Erica and she will wear some very clothes that will make people assume she's a boy. (We're not big into gendered things, but everyone else bought us the clothes so it is what it is.)

DH is very paranoid that they got the gender wrong (and MIL is hoping they did).....they both asked what we will do if it's a girl....well we have a girl name, most of the stuff we got is gender neutral and yah she'll have to wear a few boy outfits...NBD

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yeah, I've had that wrong-sex thought, too.  Two ultrasounds were very clearly girl ... but still.  I gave all our boy stuff away and at this point am very attached to the idea of a 2nd daughter.

My other irrational fear is going into labor on one of the 4 days between my ILs arriving and my parents getting here.  I do NOT want to leave my kids alone with ILs, as shitty as that may sound, they just don't focus and aren't good at following direction and I'd be a wreck an hour away at the hospital.  I told DH that if it came to that he could stay home with the kids, I'd go have a c/s by myself.  The nurses could keep me company.  I'm kidding, kind of.  I think I need to line up a friend to come over instead and we could tell ILs we couldn't get through to their phones or something (they're staying at a resort with minimal reception, so it could happen....)  I've never gone into labor before, it's not likely to happen by 38w4d (the day my mom will be here) .... but it's a fear. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagemrs.kapow:
    imageLILBIT1221:
    imageterri_doula2010:

Totally used to have that back in The Knot days.  Aw, memories.  I will poke around and decide if I'm up for dealing with TB's siggy crap. 

Yes

• Options
    I have the same fear. I really wanted a boy and it took me about 10 weeks from my A/S to get on board with having a girl. Now I have completely embraced it and am worried they are wrong. Our nursery started gender neutral, but I have added way more pink and purple than blue at this point and I have NO boy name picked out.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    imageLeSpoofle:

imageLILBIT1221:
    Olympic divers on the toilet?

What the fluck, LB?

1. it posted before I could put that an irrational fear of mine is the first poop after delivery.

2. I am in a mood.

3. I figure if I PW it up enough, I will either hit Platinum or everyone will agree I need to quit working a week early because they are tired of all my weird shiit.

• Options
    imageLeSpoofle:

imageLILBIT1221:

1. it posted before I could put that an irrational fear of mine is the first poop after delivery.

2. I am in a mood.

3. I figure if I PW it up enough, I will either hit Platinum or everyone will agree I need to quit working a week early because they are tired of all my weird shiit.

This makes sense now. I am afraid of the first poop too and from what I have heard it's not all that irrational...

Are you going to be MIA when you are done working? I love all your weird shiit... Don't leave me.

Not MIA completely, I just won't be sitting in front of a screen & keyboard all day. So it will be limited weird shiit. I'll never let go Spoof, I'll never let go.

• Options

I've definitely also had this fear. I had my first a/s at 19 weeks, where they told us it was going to be a girl. The tech even "pointed it out" on the picture, but I'm still completely paranoid about it. I'm absolutely terrible with ultrasound pictures; I can never make out anything, LOL. Plus, baby wasn't very cooperative that day, and I ended up having to do another ultrasound to get better pictures of a few areas. Makes me worried they missed the extra "plumbing" as they called it.

This is probably going to sound terrible, but I have started to get this fear that I'm going to drop my daughter after she's born. Like while I'm holding her I'll manage to let her slip from my arms. I was like this with DD1 too. Granted, when she was born, I had next to no newborn experience, so the fear seemed a little more valid at the time. Thank God it never happened. I feel out of practice with babies, given the age gap between my girls, but the thought has crossed my mind. And I pray it doesn't happen this time either.

photo IMG_8797_zpsb448304e.jpg Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DOLLS, they scare the crap out of me! I know that they are not real but they still could come alive and attack me. My MIL loves dolls, they are all over her house and in the bedroom that we sleep in. So I will turn them around so they face the wall so they can't watch me sleep!

View Full Size Image

• Options

I've had multiple u/s this pregnancy, and all confirmed boy, it was VERY obvious. That said, I don't think I'd fully trust if a tech said "I'm pretty sure it's a girl" (not trying to freak you out, just being honest). I mean, a boy is obviously a boy. If the tech saw the "three lines," I'm sure it's a girl (well, 99% sure). But if she is saying girl based just on NOT seeing a peen, I'd be skeptical.

Regarding irrational fears in general, my biggest is that my water breaks in my classroom. I'm a high school teacher and I just can't imagine how horrified and disgusted my students would be. It would be mortifying. 

• Options

imageLILBIT1221:
    Olympic divers on the toilet?

Wow, LB--how did you know that my (exceedingly) irrational fear is that I'm going to push Baby out when I'm struggling with a poop?

As for the sex of baby issue, if I wasn't Team Green I'd totally be worried they got it wrong.  

• Options
    I've been thinking the same thing lately.  We have mostly neutral furniture/gear, but we have a ridiculous amount of girl clothes. We had two ultrasounds that said girl, but they put the "?" in there since they can't say for sure.  I will probably pass out if she arrives with testicles.
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"