April 2013 Moms

first ultrasound

Hi! Just wondering when you ladies will be getting your first ultrasounds? I thought you usually didn't get one until 11-14 weeks, but my doctor says she always has patients come in at about 6 weeks for an ultrasound to be sure it isn't a tubal pregnancy. Anyone else getting this done?
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: first ultrasound

• At my OB, the standard practice is to have your 1st u/s and prenatal visit at 8 - 10 weeks. I'm having mine at 6.5 weeks, due to my loss history.

imageimage
    DS Born 2/22/09. TTC #2 since Oct. 2011. MMC on 05/03/12 at 12w1d. CP on 02/08/12 at 5 weeks.

BFP 07/27/2012 - Beta 1 - 169 @ 11 DPO, Beta 2 - 419 @ 13 DPO, DD Born on 04/04/2013.

AL Always Welcome

• My OB's practice is to come in for an early ultrasound two weeks after a positive test (probably usually about 6 weeks).  I was out of the country for two weeks, so mine is today, at 7 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Last time I think I got one around 6ish weeks. I'm hoping for the same this time when I go next week....or that they'll schedule one for me soon after.
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • The standard at my OB is 8-10 weeks, but because of my history, she is doing one at 7 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well I THOUGHT I was getting one at 7-8 weeks, until my midwife didn't realize they didn't have the capability to do an vaginal ultrasound at the office they use. Now, I'm waiting until week 11. Bummer! But, I'm not bitter. lol 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • First u/s today at 5w3d but that's with my RE due to my infertility and loss history. Most OBs will wait until 8-12 weeks. Some have a dating u/s at 6-7 weeks. Some have no u/s until 20 weeks.
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • My first will be around 8 weeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine will be at 8 weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker  

Little West #1: Born May 23, 2013

Little West #2: Due April 15, 2015

2U2 Fossil Mommy

• Eight weeks on the dot!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Even though I know exactly when I ovulated.. I am having a dating u/s at 6 weeks. However I am travelling and can't have it until around 7 weeks
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I went Friday for my first exactly at 6 weeks.  Baby was measuring 5w5d so we are going back this week (~7weeks) for another to see the heartbeat.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My OB here does one at 8 weeks for viability and dating of the pregnancy.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I got mine at 6 weeks and saw the heart beat....I will be going again this Wednesday again! Then I'll go to the OB and get one at 12 weeks...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers After years of struggling with infertility issues (PCOS since I was 16) and 15 medicated cycles we finally got blessed with our son. We got lucky with our 7th IUI using stims...Now we are back on the roller coaster to try for another miracle..IVF cycle in May resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 2 snowbabies FET 7/16-transferred 2 blastocyst...Faint bfp 4dp5dt! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We usually do heart beats at 6 and 8 weeks and then an ultrasound around 10 weeks.

• My first ultrasound is the 21st of this month I'll be 7 weeks then. I have 2 friends who also got it done at 7 wks and one who was 9 wks 
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • My OB only does two: one at 12 weeks and one at 20.  I wish they did one earlier; I'd like the reassurance that this is "real."
  • Mine only do the NST Scan at 12 weeks if you elect to do it and then the 20 week scan. I also wish they did an earlier one!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My doctor sees you at 8 weeks for first appointment and u/s, but I've heard of some practices not doing one until 12. Not sure why the wait but I'm glad mine does an u/s early!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 8/4/12 EDD 4/17/13 Miscarraige @ 20wks due to Triploidy Syndrome *****Baby girl Grace Forever our little angel baby watching over us all*****
  • imagesaintpaulJess:
    My OB's practice is to come in for an early ultrasound two weeks after a positive test (probably usually about 6 weeks).  I was out of the country for two weeks, so mine is today, at 7 weeks.

GL at your u/s today!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 8/4/12 EDD 4/17/13 Miscarraige @ 20wks due to Triploidy Syndrome *****Baby girl Grace Forever our little angel baby watching over us all*****
  • From what I remember I have my 1st dr's appointment on Wednesday, He will schedule the ultrasound and I will probably get an appointment by 7-10 wks. At 12 wks there is another one (NST??? Can not for the life of me remember if that is right) and then one at 20 wks, and finally one around 35 wks to determine or confirm position of the baby. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My first ultrasound is September 7, I will be 9 weeks 4 days. She wants to be sure I will be far enough along to see baby. We aren't certain of when I O'd because I had a chemical pregnancy the previous cycle. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 6/28/12 EDD 03/07/13 MC 4w5d 07/03/12 new baby
    BabyName Ticker
    BFP 07/30/12 EDD 04/09/13
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageCiconrad:
    My OB here does one at 8 weeks for viability and dating of the pregnancy.

Samesies. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Mine will be 7w6d - this Thursday. I'm a little bummed because they only do abdominal ultrasound and I'm rather generous in the abdomen, so I went ahead and scheduled a TV ultrasound for Sept 5. I have yet to find my own OB/GYN, so the local pregnancy crisis center where I'm taking parenting classes said I could come get a TV done for free if the US on Thursday isn't conclusive or clear.

I'm hoping I can cancel that appointment after Thursday. 

• My first u/s will be tomorrow morning at about 6 1/2 weeks.  I have another scheduled for 8-9 weeks.  I think the standard is 8-12 weeks.  Just think, you'll be getting to see your bean in a few weeks!!  I'd take it!

"A man walking backwards does not see what lies ahead, only what he is leaving behind."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1-7/22/12 EDD: 4/8/13 It's a Boy!! Born 3/30/13
    BFP #2 2/3/14 EDD: 10/15/14 - My Chart

• With DD I only had one ultrasound at 16 weeks. Then I switched doctors and had one at 7 weeks and 20 weeks (and then every other week from 30 weeks on because of my high blood pressure) so I'm sure I will have those again this time as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#4 1/19/13 ~ due 10/2/13 ~ hoping for our rainbow baby!
    BFP#3 8/14/12 ~ missed m/c ~ D&C 9/25/12 at 10w1d
    Hannah-10/25/08
  • I'll be getting my first ultrasound two weeks from today Aug. 27, I'll be 7 weeks.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"