April 2013 Moms

Uncomfortable reading 1st tri board...

It is so nice to be here in April 2013 board. I got uncomfortable reading a lot of the first tri board posts. I was kind of scared to even comment on any posts in fear I would get yelled at. Thank you ladies for being do friendly and understanding of all sorts of posts, questions and answers! :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Uncomfortable reading 1st tri board...

• imageIlovebeingamom:
    It is so nice to be here in April 2013 board. I got uncomfortable reading a lot of the first tri board posts. I was kind of scared to even comment on any posts in fear I would get yelled at. Thank you ladies for being do friendly and understanding of all sorts of posts, questions and answers! :)

Couldn't agree more!!

• Each board has its own flow, and expectations for sure! Some are snarky or outlandish, others are kind of slow, but full of valuable info. 

I agree that the April 2013 board is very friendly :) welcome to the board and congrats on your new LO on the way.  

Lucky Mom to 5 girls: 09/97, 06/99, 10/02, 11/04, 04/08 & Peanut #6 due in April! Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It has been my bump experience that the month boards are much, much friendlier than the other boards. :) Welcome.
    BFP 8/12/12 m/c 8/19/12 BFP 12/1/12 EDD 8/11/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was just thinking the same thing :)  I'll stick to this board. Welcome and congrats!
  • My sentiments exactly!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We're still very young and there will inevitably be snark and drama, but not NEAR to the degree of the tri boards or the age boards. And in my experience, there is so much snark there because of the number of stupid questions. lol So, if you don't ask a stupid/ignorant/rude question, you'll be fine! :-)

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• imageSpringPeeper:
    From what I've seen so far there are far less posts here that might get snarky comments. Which is why I stay here, to avoid my eyes from rolling out of my head  

I agree. It seems like First Tri draws out all the ridiculous questions. 

Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• imageOhSewCrafty:
    We're still very young and there will inevitably be snark and drama, but not NEAR to the degree of the tri boards or the age boards. And in my experience, there is so much snark there because of the number of stupid questions. lol So, if you don't ask a stupid/ignorant/rude question, you'll be fine! :-)

Agreed. All boards go through cycles. 1) Super nice, welcoming, friendly 2) Bored: snark and drama ensue 3) Everything evens out and people are cool again 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageChicagoBroad26:

imageOhSewCrafty:
    We're still very young and there will inevitably be snark and drama, but not NEAR to the degree of the tri boards or the age boards. And in my experience, there is so much snark there because of the number of stupid questions. lol So, if you don't ask a stupid/ignorant/rude question, you'll be fine! :-)

Agreed. All boards go through cycles. 1) Super nice, welcoming, friendly 2) Bored: snark and drama ensue 3) Everything evens out and people are cool again 

Yes Anyone who thinks that the vibe of our board as it exists today will be the vibe of the board forevermore is a tad bit naive. We probably won't be as snarky as 1st tri, but we will have fights and attitude. It's just normal.

• imageChicagoBroad26:

imageOhSewCrafty:

A little forming, storming, norming, performing for you sociologists out there.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• imageIlovebeingamom:

I agree completely! Something I don't understand, though, is that people who are past their 1st trimester are still posting there. Of course they're going to get annoyed seeing the same posts over and over again. They should just move on, no? 

• I agree about the new bit and that things will inevitably change, but not so much about the "stupid questions" bit. I think that if someone is asking any question, it's because they feel comfortable asking other women in the same state for help, not for a lecture. 

If you don't feel a question is fair (which I am sure some are not), simply ignore it, right? It's the old: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". 
  • This seems like a nice board. Haven't been to first tri much.

Married 8-02-08

After 3 years TTC with PCOS and two losses Olivia Nikelle was born 4-08-13

TTC #2 Since August 2014

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imagesugarland726:

Yes Anyone who thinks that the vibe of our board as it exists today will be the vibe of the board forevermore is a tad bit naive. We probably won't be as snarky as 1st tri, but we will have fights and attitude. It's just normal.

ITA. Sometimes the drama is needed to keep the board alive.. everyone eventually gets their panties out of a bunch and moves on to the next topic/post.

Maybe this should be a FFFC, but I think the 1st tri board is a joke. A lot of trolls post there to rile (? wrile? I have no idea..) things up, and it usually works. I can't bring myself to even lurk there.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageestreyas:

I just wish people would read past the first page - we've had a number of topics that are the same thing ("Are you telling your family?", for example) that could have just been added to, rather than a whole new thread started, if folks had read past the first few posts, or even the first page. But with all the new intros, I suppose people can't be bothered? (Just guessing, myself; I really don't know).

agree

• OH, but the WORST board of all is the Trying to Get Pregnant board. 

Overall I thnik people need to chill out.  WHO CARES if somebody asks stupid questions - if it bothers you that much, don't answer / don't read!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Here's hoping we can all stay positive and supportive for one another!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • I'm sorta lurking from the April 2011 board, and they're a pretty awesome group, too.  Must be something about April mamas.  :)  We started a Facebook group that's still going strong, with 181 members and dozens of posts a day.  There's the occasional snark and drama, but for the most part we're still a supportive and friendly bunch.  I hope this group sticks together, too! 
  • Yikes!  Thanks for the heads up.  April 2013 was my first stop, and I think I'm here to stay.  :-)  Congratulations!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"