April 2012 Moms

s/o First post childbirth meal

What was yours?

I ordered something from the hospital cafeteria, but it was so gross I barely ate it.  I had Jimmy Johns sandwich right after, and then for dinner I had a sushi feast :)

Re: s/o First post childbirth meal

• Breakfast - a Panera asiago bagel with cream cheese, and a large hazelnut coffee.
  • My hospital food was SO GOOD! They have a special chef just for the maternity floor. Unfortunately, I have no idea what I got and I barely ate anything because I felt like sh!t after hemorrhaging and having a blood transfusion and not sleeping. 

But I do remember eating a delicious creme brulee they served me a few days later! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I ordered something from the cafeteria too. I was starving. I ate a cereal bar on the way to the hospital and so glad that is all I had on my stomach because I threw it up. My first meal was a chicken sandwich and fries. The hospital food was actually really good. I was fed meals even when C was in the NICU and I was in a private room.
  • I wasn't allowed to really eat until I pooped. lol so I had Italian ice. I was still really nauseated for about a week after I gave birth, I was the whole pregnancy so I had nothing fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What kind of food is Jimmy Johns?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • She was born at 6:20, so my only option was a sandwich and chips. I was starving since I hadn't eaten since the night before. I had DH run out and get some Wendy's when I got up to my room.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTrudyCampbell:
    What kind of food is Jimmy Johns?

Only the best sandwiches ever!

ETA: I guess it would be comparable to Jersey Mike's or maybe Subway? 

• imageChelseyB5186:

imageTrudyCampbell:

I googled the menu. I want Jimmy Johns! None in my area. Womp womp.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was on a clear fluids diet after my c-section, but my first real meal was McDonald's, and it was delicious.

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageTrudyCampbell:
    imageChelseyB5186:

imageTrudyCampbell:

Boo!  Mine's really close, they even deliver :) 

• It's such a blur that I don't remember. I was so disoriented in recovery and everything made me nauseous for the first few days. I had a "liquid" dinner the evening after my c/s. The whole experience was nothing like I'd expected. Sad
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I ordered breakfast at the hospital, french toast. The nurses kept asking me if it was sausage. It was awful! But the hashbrowns were amazing!! Then my parents brought DH and i hoagies for dinner!

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac
  • imageTrudyCampbell:
    imageChelseyB5186:

imageTrudyCampbell:

::whispers:: come to Texas. I will stuff you full of Jimmy John's and What A Burger.

I had McAlister's 

i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • DONUTS!! and chocolate milk! My in-laws stopped at the donut store at 4am on the way to see me! D was born at 2:28am. I also had half of DH's egg and bacon sandwich because I needed protein since I hadn't eaten in 40 hours!
    <3 Delaney. 4.5.12. <3 <br> Photobucket
  • I think the hospital cafeteria had macaroni and cheese and I totally ate it because I was famished. Then I had DH go out and get pizza and I ate that too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Del Taco because DH really wanted to since it was in the center of the birth center and our doula went and got it for us. I felt a little strange drinking a Mr. Pibb and eating a fast food burrito in that crunchy mecca of health.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • A turkey sandwich and coke. I labored from 330a - 1030p. They didn't know when I'd have DD so they saved me a lunch. When i got into my actual hospital room at 1am, they brought it to me. I was never so happy for food. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Burp
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Breakfast provided by the hospital. It wasn't that bad.
  • The hospital food was actually pretty good!

C/S was at 11 pm so my first meal was bfast- I had bacon, egg and cheese bagel sandwich with homefries.  

• Oh man. Mine is kind of funny. I was so hungry thanks to a 22 hour induction process. They let my have a little cereal around 7am(half way through) but that was it. When I started pushing at 4pm I was SO excited that I was going to get to order dinner from the cafeteria. I was totally craving a sub sandwich of some sort.

Well I didn't expect to push for 2.5hours and have the cafeteria close at 6pm. I was so pissed. One of the nurses ran off and found me a turkey sandwich though. After I scarfed it down and chugged a guilt free diet coke I got to thinking. The turkey sandwich she brought me was just wrapped in saran wrap and in a white paper bag. I am kind of questioning whether she just found it in the breakroom or something...Haha.

Oh well, it was delicious! 

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Rice, beans and yummy ass salsa from my favorite local mexican restaurant.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was so hungry but they wouldn't let me eat for like 2 hour later. The cafeteria was closed so they heated me up some soup and brought me a turkey sandwich. I took 1 bite of the sandwich and puked all over myself. I really didn't feel like eating much for a week after. Completely different with DS.
  • For some reason, even after 18 hours of labor after they induced me, I wasnt hungry AT ALL. I didn't eat until about 6 hours after delivery when a friend brought me a sandwich and reminded me that I should probably eat...it was delicious though.
  • I can't remember which came first, a pizza or a panini. There's a really good cafe in the lobby of our hospital.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

• I don't remember. I know it was breakfast...Cheerios, orange juice and toast w/ jelly I think? My first non-hospital food meal I had (I ate it while still in the hospital) was a Tendercrisp sandwich and fries from Burger King! Yummm.
  • I had a turkey sandwich, cookies, and cottage cheese w/ fruit.
  • I was on a liquid diet the day after the c section. Then when I was able to order they told me to take it easy. The hospital foos wasn't bad. I consider my first real meal to be the first one at home. A platter of sashimi.
    imageimage
                                                                            A15 January Siggy Challenge- 

Workout/fitness fails 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had a c-section, so probably broth or jello. When I was able to eat real food, I made H get me a burrito bowl from Chipotle.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Well, they brought me a breakfast tray in the delivery room w/o asking what I wanted or anything. I think it was bacon, toast, and eggs. I didn't really care at that point - I just wanted to eat all the things.

I think I ordered lunch from the hospital cafeteria too.. I don't even remember what I had.

Then that night, I had a club sandwich w/ potato salad, which I had been craving for oh the last 25 weeks or so. 

• I ate nothing but hospital food during my four day stay.  It was good!

Post birth I enjoyed cold fish sticks left from lunch with potatoes and corn, I think. I shared this meal with my 2 year old niece who I adore and who adores me and always wants what Auntie Dee Dee has.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wasn't very hungry after my induction either, but everyone kept hounding me about eating. My sister went to get McDonald's for DH, so she brought me back nuggets. I ate half of them. When the nurse found out that's what I ate, she made me feel so lame. She said she had her DH go get calzones and cannolis after her delivery.
  • A huge bag of peanut M&ms while I was waiting for my dad to bring breakfast.  They were soo good. 
  • imageChelseyB5186:

imageTrudyCampbell:

ETA: I guess it would be comparable to Jersey Mike's or maybe Subway? 

How can you compare the awesomeness of Jimmy John's to wimpy Subway sandwiches??

I know my first meal was hospital breakfast, but honestly, I can't remember a single thing I ate until I had a Jimmy John's roast beef sub that evening. I may have had a Tim Horton's donut somewhere in there, but the sub is what sticks out in my mind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had blueberry pancakes and sausage and scrambled eggs and juice and coffee.

I was starving, I had him Sunday morning and the last time I had eaten was Friday afternoon.

• Tres tacos!

imageimage

• Mine was terrible. I was a c-section, so I hadn't eaten in 24 hours by the time I got my food. The nurse ordered food for me, without any input from me. Now, I work at this hospital...I know what to get and what to avoid. I got ice cold powdered scambled eggs (that normally give me terrible diarrhea), ice cold potatos, bacon (which I hate) and some fresh fruit and coffee. Thank goodness I wasn't really hungry, cuz only the fruit was edible. DH had the bacon and coffee.
  • The hospital food was so good! I loved it! I had a biscuit w/ jelly, bacon, eggs, bagel w/ cream cheese, and orange juice. This was just the standard breakfast, but the hospital had a special cafeteria just for the maternity ward.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I really don't remember.  I think it was breakfast the hospital provided. I really wasn't hungry at all.  In fact I had zero appetite until about two weeks PP.  it was awful- I knew I had to eat especially bc I was BFing but I just couldn't.
  • I had the breakfast given by the hospital.  It was Good Friday so they had Hot Cross Buns and Easter Eggs.  Real healthy;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"