Babies: 0 - 3 Months

my kid wont sleep

he wont go more then a couple may 3 hours at night the first leg and then hes up every hour he eats 5 ounces before bed i can usually get him back to sleep without feeding him when he wakes up after an hour or so but he wakes up again after an hour. i sm so tired around 5 i bring him downstairs and he sleeps in the swing. tell ne he will iut grow this. my dd was a great sleeper not use to this and dh  has been out of town all week
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: my kid wont sleep

• I am on the same boat. Last night LO slept 9-12, then was up from 12-4:30, woke up at 7:30. I am nursing her hoping that she will sleep more.

My head aches, I am really tired and also home alone.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Very normal, and yes, it will end. Many babies need night feedings, as their tummies are quite tiny. Frequent night waking is also normal, as babies haven't yet "set" their sleep cycles. Do some reading on babies sleeping/feeding patterns, it will help you feel better! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • FF or BF? 

I know very little about formula but if your LO is breastfed you may want to be sure you don't have a milk imbalance. If you have too much foremilk and not enough hindmilk, baby will not get enough fat to stay satiated for a long stretch of time.

I had this problem but was able to resolve it, it just took a couple of months to get a handle on it. If you think this could be the issue, contact an LC.

Good luck!!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"