Toddlers: 24 Months+

Toddler bed or full-size?

My 2 year old (almost 2 1/2) is now in a toddler bed, which is just the crib turned into a toddler bed. We are expecting baby 2 now and are going to be converting it back into a crib pretty soon. So, now I am wondering if we should buy him another toddler bed (he is in the the 97th percentile for height) or just give him the full size bed we already have and call it good. I mean, how long can he actually fit in a toddler bed before he's too tall? 
*side note-we are going to be decorating the room in "cars" theme and the bed I found at a yard sale is a lightning mcqueen toddler bed. It looks SO cool! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Toddler bed or full-size?

• DD went straight from crib to full-size since around the time that she was ready for a bed I became PG so it worked out.  DH's old full-size was the perfect height for her so we just had it against the walls and placed a crib rail on the other side but nothing at the foot of the bed.  I really like it because we can all pile into the bed to read stories and the nights when she wakes up crying from a bad dream I can snuggle with her until she falls asleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you!!! That is my answer! Full size it is!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DH and I have been contemplating this also.  I think it would just be easier, plus when DS is sick, he likes to lay with us to fall asleep.  This way, one of us can lay with him in his bed and he can fall asleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were recently in the same boat with wanting to transition DS1 out of his crib so we could use the crib for #2. My sister sold us her son's twin bed set and it has worked out perfectly! No need for a toddler bed IMO. We currently just have the mattress without the box spring so it still sits low to the ground. He has done great though!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

View Raw Image'>

• We were in the same situation and went with the full size bed.  DS loves his big boy bed!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We moved all 3 kids from a crib to a twin.  We have small rooms so I don't think a full would fit.
  • We have DS in a toddler bed now.  (It is the type that converts from crib to toddler bed to day bed to full size bed.)

We were considering giving his furniture to the new baby and buying him new furniture, but I have to say that I am reluctant to do so now.  We just moved and decorated his room, and it looks AMAZING with his beautiful furniture.  I think baby is getting new stuff now.   

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We'll move her to a twin when we are expecting #2.

• With dd1, we moved her out of her crib and straight into a full sized bed (it is just the box spring and mattress on the floor so she can get up into it easily, maybe one day we will actually get her a bed, but it worked for us) We did this while I was still pg with #2 so she didn't feel like the baby took her crib. Her big girl room was her 2 yr old gift, we already had the mattress set, and got her a pbk quilt and decorations etc. 

With dd2 we did it at 26 months, and got her a twin (smaller room), but it is a bed with a trundle under. She has a little stool next to it and climbs in and out easily. They have never fallen out, we didn't do a rail with either girl. Both beds are pushed up agains a wall, and as we say good night I position a pillow next to them so they can't just roll off. 

The double bed is nice especially for story time with more than one kid, but honestly, I can sleep in the twin with dd2 without issue if she is sick or scared or protesting the nap.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"