December 2012 Moms

Has anyone else not purchased anything??

I am starting to freak out because I have not purchased one single new thing for the baby.....The plan was to get started when my oldest goes back to school next week, but now I am starting to feel bad. My co-worker has a daughter that is due the same time as me and she just showed me pictures of the nursery!! They have their nursery completed already!!!

Re: Has anyone else not purchased anything??

• We have not officially purchased anything. We have a crib set we're considering on layaway b/c they only had 1 left and if it was sold we'd have to wait twelve weeks for them to get more, but we haven't even officially decided on that yet...it's just all so overwhelming to me, plus until we clean out the bonus room we have nowhere to put anything.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Our nursery is staying the same.  I purchased a few furniture items for DS's toddler room, but haven't put them together/in the room/cleaned out the room yet.  

A co-worker gave me a TON of girl's clothes yesterday for size 3-6 months though, so that was pretty awesome.

Are you guys doing a brand new nursery for this babe, or is your little DD's nursery still good to work for the new babe? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Sometimes I kinda freak out too that we haven't really done any baby shopping or big purchases but I'm waiting until after my baby shower to do most if not all of it. 
    image image
    DD#1 12.26.12 | DD#2 EDD: 5.4.15
  • I haven't gotten anything big.

I bought socks (I seriously have an addiction to baby socks) and a few sleepers, and books...lots and lots of books. Other than that I haven't done much. We don't have a place to put stuff just to hold and as soon as we do start bringing things in my sewing machine has to go out... so I am waiting. Worst case if we aren't ready when she gets here, he will have to get us ready before we come home, and by ready I mean have the crib up, and the car seat installed... the rest can be done as needed.

• I haven't purchased anything yet.... between moving (didn't want to buy stuff just to move it...) and back-to-school etc etc I have put most of it off... I already have a crib (my family passes them around. lol we're baby-makers) and a couple of other things family/friends have given me... but we are planning to have our baby shower (it's my hubby's family's first grand baby...) in mid October to avoid the holiday crazy-ness so I will start purchasing after that so I know what I need... :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We purchased a crib off of craigslist in early June (still isn't put together) and have a recliner that was from another room in the house. Other than that we haven't done anything. My shower is in October so I know I need to get on it and get these going as I'm sure people will want to see the nursery.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm not buying anything until after my baby shower which is happening a month before the baby is due.  Am I crazy?  LOL!  I'm also getting a lot of hand downs too, so I guess that's why I'm not rushing it.  Plus I'm moving in October and don't want to have to lug around items I don't really "need" just yet.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We haven't bought a single thing.  And our nursery is still full of stuff we need to move to storage.  I feel like every weekend we've had, we wanted to be outside enjoying the summer so hopefully once summer is over we'll get our butts in gear! 

• I've bought a few onesies but that's about it. I'm trying to light a fire under SO's butt to get moving on finishing up clearing out the room that will be the nursery but he gets so lazy at times it's hard. He doesn't realize that it will take some time to get the furniture. I want to have all the painting done before we do that. I gave him a deadline. If he doesn't meet the deadline I told him I would be having a talk with his mother. Hopefully that will help. 

• We purchased the crib, which should be delivered to our house today or tomorrow. And we've purchased a few sets of onesies and tees. Other than that, my parents have only really bought anything, which adds up to a large bin of clothes!

We're "planning" on starting on the nursery soon, but we are so lazy, and procrastination has taken over! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The only big item we have purchased is the second crib.  I bought it on facebook for 100 bucks mattress included.  I have stocked up on diapers like made.  I have enough for I think the first 5 months already. I figured 5 diapers a day times 2 babies is 10 diapers a day times 7 days is 70 diapers a week.......on average.  My son was about 5 diapers a day.  Give or take. I already have 946 size one diapers, 300 size 2 diapers, and 2 cases of size 3 diapers not sure how many are in the case of 3's.  I did the math the other day.  My next big thing is going to be formula.  I learned with my first the are the big costs when on MAT leave.  So I am prepping us now while I am still at work and making money.  

Other than that we don;t really need anything else.  We are expecting a boy and a girl so I will need some girl clothes and sleepers but I am very confident that we will get tons of that stuff from family and friends.

Good Luck. 

Toodaloos Robin
  • Not a single thing-- and I am a FTM with nothing!

My mom is coming up here in a week- I suspect I will start looking (and hopefully purchasing) then! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagestarlee_99:

I've bought a few onesies but that's about it. I'm trying to light a fire under SO's butt to get moving on finishing up clearing out the room that will be the nursery but he gets so lazy at times it's hard. He doesn't realize that it will take some time to get the furniture. I want to have all the painting done before we do that. I gave him a deadline. If he doesn't meet the deadline I told him I would be having a talk with his mother. Hopefully that will help. 

HA HA HA thats funny talking with his mother ........My husband would say call her, she can come and do it.  Thats hilarious.  

Toodaloos Robin
  • Like a lot of others I haven't bought anything either. I am waiting until we find out the sex on the 20th. Or else I keep telling myself that. For awhile I was pretty paranoid after having our first miscarry, so I kept telling myself, "after the next appt when we hear the heartbeat", or "lets wait until its official." When my DH asked what "official" meant I wasn't even sure what i was talking about. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nope havnt bought anything at all yet. I have most of what I need still from DD, but it's all packed away in the attic and I'm not really in any rush to bring it out. 
    and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
    D&E 10.27.2011
    I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We haven't really bought much yet either!  I thought Hubby and I would be doing our registry last weekend... that didn't happen.  Mom and I found the bedding on clearance though last Saturday so I bought what they had from the set.  My Mom has bought a few outfits and cute things but being that I am a FTM and the oldest so it is her first Grandchild, I guess she is entitled. 

This weekend we ARE beginning the registry so that hubby see's just how much we have to do!  

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Nope, I haven't bought a thing.  I don't really need anything (I don't think), since I have stuff from both DS and DD.  I should probably look at it in the basement and make sure it is in good condition, though!  

Even with DS (#1) I didn't by anything until after my shower (at 36 weeks), except his furniture.  And we didn't order that until I was 26 weeks pg.  It all worked out just fine!  You have plenty of time! 

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have 7 cloth diapers and a pair of baby legs and a "nursery" full of junk that needs to go to Good Will! That's it! Ha!

I thought we'd start buying after our ultrasound @ 18 weeks, but the babe wouldn't show us the goods, so we go back next week. Maybe then, when/if we know the sex for sure we'll get to buying stuff. My MIL mentioned buying the crib, but she hasn't brought it up again, so I hope that's still a go. 

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks Everyone- I am starting to feel better- It suddenly seems like time is running out even though I know I have a ways to go....thanks for the reassurance!

• imagePeonyPumps:

Our nursery is staying the same.  I purchased a few furniture items for DS's toddler room, but haven't put them together/in the room/cleaned out the room yet.  

A co-worker gave me a TON of girl's clothes yesterday for size 3-6 months though, so that was pretty awesome.

Are you guys doing a brand new nursery for this babe, or is your little DD's nursery still good to work for the new babe? 

The good news is that little DD and this one are going to share a room- Her room is a darling little girls room, so we don't have to do a whole nursery...

• FTM here, haven't bought a single thing.  I have been procrasinating big time.  Not sure when we are going to get started.

ETA: Haven't started any registry/list-making for myself either... I will probably be kicking myself very soon for not being more pro-active!

Anniversary DS was born 11/30/12... so in love :)
  • We are moving into a new house in mid-September....not buying anything until then.  We have no place to put it in our small apartment, and I don't want to have to move any more stuff than we have to.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • FTM here and haven't bought anything either for no other reason than it just feels too early.
    BabyFruit Ticker It's a Girl!
  • We haven't purchased anything either - so you're not alone. We've decided on the nursery furniture, but are still sort of looking around.
    BabyName Ticker
  • I hadn't purchased anything, until someone on The Bump posted that Miracle Blankets were 50% off.  My friend swears by them, and I want to be a better swaddler this time around, so I just received my first purchase in the mail.  :)  I do not plan on purchasing anything else, as we are not finding out the sex.  I pretty much have everything we need from my 14 month old son.
  • I've purchased a pack of onsies and booties. That's it. We got some other clothes and a vibrating seat from our baby shower. I feel like a bad mom already because I can't get into all the stuff and decorating a nursery gives me anxiety. I cant wait to hold my baby though. :-)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • we've only purchased 3 gender neutral outfits that were on sale, so we've barely gotten anything. We've mostly been waiting for our delayed a/s next week so we'll know a gender and get more specific things.
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • I have a handful of onesies and a Boppy I got for $10 at a consignment shop. That's it! I've been adding occasional items to our registry, but I don't think we'll go into full prep mode for quite awhile. It helps that we're not planning to have a nursery.
  • The only thing I purchased so far is a sling and a breast feeding cover, only because we only paid for shipping haha! I'm a FTM and I have no idea if I should wait for the shower or start buying stuff now. My DH may want me to wait before I go crazy shopping haha!
    through suffering and sorrow comes peace beyond belief for pur present set of circumstances serve only to remind us of the Gold we cant yet see...
  • I have picked out a bunch of but stuff but I havent purchased anything other than at my friends garage sale I got a swing and some clothes for $10 so I couldnt pass it up.
  • we haven't bought anything yet really, however we are re-using pretty much everything from DD.  there are a few big things we need to have (new crib, high chair, and i'd like a double stroller and ring sling). i'm looking at what i want to purchase, and made a list. but as far as actually ordering it.... not yet. :)
  • I've bought a crib bedding set - only because it was on clearance and being discontinued. That's it - no crib, no dresser, no painting. We've got a lot of work to do and H and I are teachers so we're starting school soon. I imagine we'll finish things up at the beginning of December.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• The only big thing we've bought is the crib and that's because it was on sale.  The other problem is we're Team Green and I'm not a big fan of green or yellow, so it's hard to find things I like!  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

TTC #2 Since October 2013. Annovulatory so not expecting much! Waited to finish breastfeeding before using Clomid again.  August 2014: Clomid round 3 (50 mg) and progesterone (100mg) - BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • If you're having another girl...why do you need to buy anything?

I'm not buying anything until after baby is born. Not a single thing. And we are team green. After losing a baby last year, I know that no pregnancy is guaranteed. I don't care if we have to stop and buy diapers on the way home from the hospital- if we have a healthy baby that's all we need.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I haven't purchased anything. And I hate it! I may purchase the crib today so I can get started.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"