1st Trimester
Options

Plus Size Mommys - When did you show?

I am currently a size 20 and it's my first pregnancy... Wondering when my bump will actually show up? I know everyone is different, but just wondering when other big beautiful and pregnant women started showing? Also, when did you first feel the baby move (I hear it happens later...)?
Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Plus Size Mommys - When did you show?

• Options
    I was size 16 before I got pregnant. I started showing at 20-24 weeks.

Edit: I felt movement around 22 weeks. I don't know that being overweight prior to being pregnant (or during pregnancy) affects when you feel the baby. You will feel them moving in your uterus, but others may have a hard time feeling from the outside later on. Towards the end I could see her moving around just fine and it was cool.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

With my first, I started really showing around 20 weeks. That's when my tummy started becoming a baby bump. After that, it never slowed down. This time around, I am carrying some left over pregnancy tummy weight and am thinking that it might take a little longer to start showing. Although, I hear with your second pregnancy, you tend to show earlier.

I also started feeling the baby move around the same time. My doctor told me, though, that weight has nothing to do with when you start feeling the baby move and I found that to be true.

Good luck! =)

Blissful wife and mama. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it was about 20 weeks with mine. 
  • Options

imageChevyFam717:
    I am currently a size 20 and it's my first pregnancy... Wondering when my bump will actually show up? I know everyone is different, but just wondering when other big beautiful and pregnant women started showing? Also, when did you first feel the baby move (I hear it happens later...)?

Before i had gotten pregnant, I was a size 16/18.  Now I'm almost 7 wks (tomorrow) and I am in a size 24.  I pray to goodness that I am just bloated but you never know nowadays.  Also, I have yet to feel the baby move since I'm so early but I heard that it occurs around the 14th-16th week?  Keep smiling!

imageMake a pregnancy ticker

• Options
    I was a 12/14 when I got pregnant, and now I'm a 16 (I used to be a 22/24). I'm so afraid of not looking pregnant! I love having curves and being a woman (no offense to all you beautifully thin mommies out there!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I used to be a 24 and now I'm a 14/16 I was curious about this too. I can't wait to look pregnant, I will say I'm more plus in my thighs and booty and with less stomach so I hope sooner than later I can see my bump!!
  • Options

With my first, i was a size 18 when i got pregnant.  I didn't show until nearly 30 weeks.  But when I did, I 'popped'.  I went from no show to looking pregnant literally overnight.  I felt the baby move the first time at about 26 weeks.  

Our Little Miracle - Raymond Clifford Jr Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a little bigger than you OP and I started showing with my 1st and 2nd pregnancies at about 20 weeks. I felt the movement at 18-19 weeks with both as well. It wasn't until probably 30 weeks when I had a full completely rounded out belly tho and not the imfamous "B" shaped belly.

**********Matthew 1.8.06 - Connor 7.17.08 - Alexis 2.16.13 ************

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I have in DS's baby book that I could feel him move for sure at 14 weeks. I have that DH felt him move on the outside about 25 weeks.  I didn't start really showing where other people could tell until about 20/21 weeks.  I was about a size 20 when I was pregnant with him. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This is my first too and I am wondering the same thing. I just recently lost 50lbs and got into a 14. Now I am barely fitting into a 16 at my tummy, the legs are still loose. I can tell already things are getting pushed up and out. I've taken photos every week just to see and things are slowly but surely happening. Besides it never takes me just a pregnant belly to spot a pregnant woman, most people will be able to tell just by the way you look or act. It's silly but you can tell! Enjoy not having to buy those expensive maternity jeans so early though if you don't have to. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"