Toddlers: 24 Months+

Discipline

Please tell me what modes of discipline you are using? Any book or website recs?!

Terrible twos are terrible. I need to get a handle on this!

TIA!

Proud Mama of Sisters! 02.07.10 & 04.19.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Discipline

• I recommend Positive Discipline A to Z and Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood (both are available for Kindle).  Positive Discipline also has an iPhone app with tips.

I assume you are not really 50+ weeks pregnant and have a newborn.  :)  My two are the same age difference and I will tell you that the first few months were HARD.  It is no cake walk now, by any means, but it is much, much better.  Hang in there!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really like 123 Magic.  It made a lot of sense to me and has really helped me to enjoy my daughter more and get a handle on her bad behavior.  Now if I could just get my husband to read it.  :-)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We're big fans of the Positive Discipline books. They have preschool and early years versions, too.
  • 1-2-3 Magic is working great for us.

Good luck!

• I second all the books mentioned. My girls are similarly spaced. Dd1 is turning FIVE (omg) in oct and my baby will be three in jan. 

Now they are great together, there is light at the end of tunnel I promise

example 1: Dd1 to dd2 "Here pie, I got lollipop at swimming, but I want you to have it." Dd2: "Shank you, Rara! I loves it!"

That was this morning.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I second all the books mentioned. I did just want to say that it gets better too. My two are about the same split and for the most part play together beautifully. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"