November 2011 Moms

Favorite non-toy toys

I'm sick of buying toys for DD that she has no interest in.  :(  I've had better luck recently with just letting her play with household stuff.

Recently she got her hands on one of those 16 oz water bottles with the really thin plastic and she looooooooooooves it.  It kept her entertained for a really long time - chasing it across the room, crinkling it, chewing on it.  I tried to "improve" it by adding some dried small pasta in it to make it a shaker but I'm not sure she likes the improvement.  :/

I've also given her an empty tissue box (to put/pull toys in/out), measuring cups and a potato masher....she's okay with those but doesn't love them like the water bottle.

And, of course, there are the things *she* wants to play with but I work to keep away from her (remotes, cords, etc).

What "toys" do you let your LO play with that s/he loves?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Favorite non-toy toys

• Burp cloths

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Paper (he likes to shredded it with his hands)

Boxes

This tunnel thing that crinkles when you touch it...technically it's a toy for the cats but the three share very well!

My flip flops

I've been saving empty containers from the fridge and pantry, wash them and then let him have them...keeps him entertained for hours. 

Pillows...throw them on the floor and he climbs all over them.

I stopped buying toys because he would prefer all of these things instead of his own toys. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Tupperware, plastic measuring spoons and cups, a metal colander, paper

ETA: I almost forgot! She absolutely loves her wooden spoon I sacrificed. She drags it around everywhere. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • She loves sitting no a pillow, not sure why but she loves it. 

Water bottles like you said, keep her occupied forever, she gets mad if I'm drinkig from one and I don't give it to her.

A metal mixing bowl with wooden blocks in it.  My cousin gave DD this at her house and she was fascinated by it. 

A plastic cup, she likes pretending to drink.

BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
  • Dog toys 

Phone chargers (we obviously keep those away but he has ruined two already!)

He loves a wet washcloth! That's probably his favorite

Shoes (flip flops)

Kitchen utensils

Cabinet doors. He has such a fascination with opening and closing them. I put rubber bands around the knobs until I can install the locks but he figured that out!  

• DS loves those water bottles too!! He also loves a whisk and mixing bowl and the dog's toys (of course!).
  • Laundry basket! She loves sitting in it while I fold the laundry and likes me to push her around in it.

Also popular are magazines, measuring cups/spoons, and water bottles too. We have a portable Britta water bottle which she loved. I just found a mini one and it's a huge hit. Pull that sucker out and the crying stops.

• Measuring cups, cat toys with bells on them and now we gave her an old remote since she kept wanting to play with the other ones!
  • Plastic eggs. They aren't really not a toy but they aren't really toys either. } bought them for her easter pictures that we did for fun and she loves them.
  •  Lol, I am always saying that it's useless to buy toys. It's like, if she knows it was meant to play with, she doesn't want to play with it!

--My mom's dog (poor guy, he's an old chihuahua...)

--Water bottles

--Her brushes and combs

--Remote controls for the TV, she was trying to snatch them up so much that I took the batteries out of the DVD remote that we don't use, cleaned it up and let her play with it. 

• Shoes.

Laundry Basket.

Headbands, combs.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Water bottles, paper and her baby brush.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • DS is fascinated by DH's wallet. It's kinda funny because my DH will make the comment to him "there goes more money!"

The remotes. I give in once in a while. Climbing over pillows.  he loves when I sit him in his rocking chair and rock him. playing with clothes in the laundry basket.

I could go on....

Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• remotes without batteries.

cell phones are my desperation go-to things if I'm in the middle of something or in a store and he's melting down

• in addition to what the others have said:  screw top lids, all sizes & materials, his favorite has been a metal jar lid for the past month.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"