October 2012 Moms

am I the only one

who isn't doing baby's laundry bc I have MAYBE 2 outfits?

And I certainly don't have a dresser or closet to put it in?

I dunno, I have like 11 weeks...am I crazy?

I figure I will get a lot of clothes at my shower, right? 

Re: am I the only one

• imagelady dixneuf:

who isn't doing baby's laundry bc I have MAYBE 2 outfits?

And I certainly don't have a dresser or closet to put it in?

I dunno, I have like 11 weeks...am I crazy?

I figure I will get a lot of clothes at my shower, right? 

I don't think you are crazy. You will get tons of clothes at your shower if it anything like mine was.  not to mention I'm sure you will have time to pick up anything else you additionally need after the shower. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No. I am not laundering anything yet. I want to see what I get to determine what to return first :)
    DD 9/15/12
  • Loading the player...
  • we don't have a washer/dryer (typical for where I live) so washing things is a huge PITA!

I will when they come but I feel like, do I really need to have this done now?

I just want to get through the work day! 

• I am holding off on laundry until after my shower with the same thought... and we don't have furniture yet. I am becoming anxious.

I do have more than 2 outfits though... had a bit of a shopping frenzy with zulily. :)

• Nope besides a pack of bottles that a friend gave me I have nothing for the baby as of now and probably wont have anything till after my shower. I also don't have a washer and dryer and am not looking forward to the laundromat :/
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You definitely aren't alone! My shower isn't until the middle of September so all we have is a crib and dresser... No bedding, no stroller, no carseat, pretty much no nothing lol. The crib is really the only thing that we have in our house that's baby related at all. I am anxious to have everything done but there is no point until after the shower. So I'm trying my hardest to wait patiently :-) 

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I won't be doing laundry anytime soon.  Maybe the end of September.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• We only have like 2 outfits that my MIL bought when we found out it was a girl.  I am not planning on buying anything until after my shower and I probably won't do wash until much closer.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Havent even cleaned out the nursery, so yeah, not alone at all haha

Married my best friend 09.18.11
    TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
    Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • I literally just started buying girl  stuff 2 days ago and I'm definitely not washing it just in case I have to return it. (we were first told boy at our 20 week u/s, then girl at 24 weeks).

I might start washing things after our next appt in a couple weeks. I have yet to go through DS's old stuff to find and wash what is gender neutral. 

To be honest though I doubt I would have done much more by now if I actually had more of a handle on things though. I don't think I did that kind of thing till mmm 34 weeks, maybe later with DS.

• I didn't do baby girl's laundry yet and she doesn't have a closet or dresser. We're moving hopefully by next week so I'm waiting to do laundry for her until we're there and there is a place to put it. As to clothes at the baby shower I literally got over forty outfits easy. So I'd wait until your shower and wash it all at once. 

• I have a good amount of clothes because my shower will be fairly small and I've been scouring goodwill and craigslist (plus I got some hand-me-downs) but I'm not doing any laundry yet. Seems like things would get dusty sitting around for 2 mo.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My aunt got us 3 outfits and a nice lady gave us a free stroller. That's all we have right now. I'm praying we get stuff at the shower we need and I started a temp job today so I hope when I get paid next week we can get the crib and changing table
    "And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." I Corinthians 13:13 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All I have as far as clothes go is a pair of frog booties my little sister picked out, a 3pk of monkey onesies that DD1 picked & a Halloween outfit to match DD1's(zebra) I know I'll get a lot at my shower & whenever I actually find the time to go through all the stuff in our shed I'll have a bunch of DD1's old stuff. I have most all the big stuff but none of it is set up in her room yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not the only one. I've taken to calling the baby, "naked baby" because I literally have 2 onesies.... I'm beginning to feel nervous about it so we're going to get some basics this weekend...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • You will get plenty of clothes, no worries!

Aaden18mos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Addie NewbornBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a small Zulily problem so I think baby will have too many onesies.  Haven't done any laundry, but we had to buy the dresser to start putting stuff in/on.  My shower isn't until 36 weeks and I don't plan on buying anything more until after that when I can get the completion discount.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just did a load of baby laundry this week. The only reason we had anything to wash, though, was because we just had a shower a couple of weeks ago. Before that, we were in the same boat as you. Our dresser isn't supposed to come in for another month, so we just folded everything and put it in a laundry basket for now.

Yes, you will get clothes at your shower. Lots and lots of clothes. Don't worry, you'll be doing baby laundry soon enough Wink

IMG_0015

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• With DS, I didn't wash anything until like 35 weeks. There really wasn't a reason to. My shower was around 30 weeks, but I returned a lot of stuff, particularly clothes because I had so many hammy downs from my sister and I wanted the store credit instead. I've washed stuff for this baby only because I have it all and figured I'd do things little by little since I have DS to run after, but I wouldn't say it's necessary to be doing that this early. I just have nesting kicking in, too!
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• I have washed the left over's from DS#1 and any other hand me downs that have came into the house. (I'm weird about bugs) Otherwise, my nursery is painted but no crib is set up, not a dresser and all our clothes are folded in totes in the closet. Both my kids start school in 2 weeks so I will be alone in the mornings until baby comes. I am hoping to get things done while DD is in school in the morning.

I can't believe how many people recieved so many clothes for thier showers. I did not. (with DS#1) We received only a few outfits.

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • We haven't done anything yet.  I've been so nervous with this pregnancy, I haven't wanted to prepare anything until I get closer to the end.  The only thing I have are a few outfits, which are unwashed and hanging in the closet.  My shower isn't until next month.  The future nursery is still our guest room. So no, you're not the only one!!!:)
  • You are not alone! I have more then 2 outfits but this is my 3rd boy so of course I have stuff from my other 2. But, I am not doing any laundry til closer to my due date probably beginning of Oct. Whats the point in washing them and then the clothes sitting there collecting dust? That just makes no sense to me. And I'm sure you'll get lots of clothes at your shower and then you can determine if there is anything you still need.
  • I feel so much better now about all of this. 
  • I'm in exactly this boat.  My first shower was last weekend and I got my first clothes then.  But I only got 1 newborn outfit and 1 0-3 month outfit.  Everything else was bigger.

I'm going to hit some consignment shops this weekend for some onesies, and then my second shower is in a week and a half.  I figure after that point I can start thinking about washing clothes.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Honestly, I don't think it's silly. I have things because I'm a FTM/shopaholic and very very excited, but I know I should have waited for the shower for a lot of stuff. I think after shower time, it's crunch time though!
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • I went ahead and bought some detergent, but have not started washing yet because I'm waiting until after the showers. I have a bunch of CDs to wash and will be getting more, so I'm holding off a little until my stash is pretty much complete.
  • No you're not the only one!  I had my shower 2 weeks ago and believe it or not, I got more gear than I did clothes.  So I'm just buying things little by little and keeping them stored in a bag in the nursery closet.  Around mid September I'll start washing them.  Right now, I'm just trying to survive the day! LOL

DSC_0097 image BabyFruit Ticker image
  • FACT.

There has never been a cat on the moon. 

• I have had 2 of my 3 showers planned, and have a TON of clothes. I am planning on washing like only 2 outfits next week to put in the hospital bag. Other than that, I am holding off. Don't spend your money on outfits....people love to buy them as shower gifts. :)

• You sound exactly like me.  We have only purchased one baby outfit and have been given a few used outfits, so I haven't wanted to wash them yet.  I figure we will get some more at our baby shower in September.  As for a dresser, my MIL is giving us an old one they have we just have to repaint it.  Luckily my husband is good at this kind of thing, but it just takes time and we haven't even got the dresser to work on yet.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • I would only have a couple of outfits too if a few friends hadn't emptied their attics on me.  
    the things Jager will do to you - knocked up since 01/01/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"