January 2013 Moms

can I complain some more?

More on my rash,

I am continuing to get more break outs. Now my left arm and fingers have these crazy itchy bumps on them. My face is so swollen and my eyelids that I don't even look like myself. My back has a break out on it too.

in case you didn't see my last posts I have this itchy rash on my face, chin, jaw, neck, ears, eye lids, breasts, belly, thighs, behind my knee, my arms and hands.

Everyone keeps saying I am either having an allergic reaction to something or I have puppps. I don't think it is puppps because everything I read online says that it doesn't show up on the face. I have been sleeping the past two days in a Benadryl induced coma. I woke at 2:30 with severe itching all over every rash on my body and benedryl didn't touch it. I took an epsom salt bath and that took the edge off so I could fall back to sleep at 4:30.

I am scheduled to see a dermatologist tomorrow at 2. Wish me luck ladies. I will go crazy if they tell me I need to just endure it until the baby is here. My husband has already discussed taking disability at work to be home with me and DS if this is a long term thing. behind my house is a reck and the laundry is piling up. I haven't eaten a real meal in 4 days abuse chewing makes my face itch so bad. 

If you made it this far thanks for listening. It helps to have people who seem to care.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: can I complain some more?

• I had PUPPS at the very end on my belly amd would use a bakong soda paste. Worked wonders.

I hope you get some answers at the dermatologist.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • That sounds awful! I hope you get some answers soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you tried an oatmeal bath to help temporarily relieve the itching?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ouch! Hope you feel better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Oooooooh, girl!

Been out for a few days so i missed your other post!

That sounds singularly awful.  You must be worried, tired, itchy and cranky as all @#$. That Doc better fix things!

((((HUG))))

Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had PUPPS at the end of my last pregnancy and used Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap. It smells like crap but it worked pretty well. If it isn't PUPPS it still may help out a big. You can find it at GNC.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Did your doctor give you an MMRV titer in your first trimester to check you for immunity to measles/mumps/rubella/chicken pox?? Even with the vaccines, your immunity can weaken over time - particularly if you were born in the early 80s or earlier before they started recommending/mandating the kindergarten booster for the MMR vaccine in 1989...
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• So sorry that sounds terrible :-(. I have contact derimtitis which tends to give me a rash on my hand from different things I touch.  I hope you get some answers soon!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wow! I feel for you!! I've also got a rash everywhere and am climbing the walls and going mental. For now, nothing on my face. Last night I bathed with bicarb which eased it slightly but back with vengeance this morning. Pharmacist too cautious to give me anything unless prescribed by my doc, so will be calling him tomorrow. 

I sure as hell don't know how to put up with this for another 5 months!!

Good luck, hope you find something soon that will help.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies I will definitely have to try your suggestions. For those who are also suffering I am so sorry. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

imageRynleigh:
    Did your doctor give you an MMRV titer in your first trimester to check you for immunity to measles/mumps/rubella/chicken pox?? Even with the vaccines, your immunity can weaken over time - particularly if you were born in the early 80s or earlier before they started recommending/mandating the kindergarten booster for the MMR vaccine in 1989...

I actually had my booster about a month before my BFP. I would be surprised if it didn't work or something.

• imageakating:

Thanks ladies I will definitely have to try your suggestions. For those who are also suffering I am so sorry. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

I actually had my booster about a month before my BFP. I would be surprised if it didn't work or something.

Oh that's great! Very comforting to know that those buggers are off the list of concerns :)

I'm sorry you're still going through hell. Hope they figure it out and find something that will relieve the itchies. Hopefully just some weird variation of pupps or heat rash or something and not anything icky like scabies. That can be an uncomfortable nightmare. My parents were terrible with medical care, I had everything from scabies to scarlet fever to a second case of chicken pox (yeah... we all thought that was impossible... apparently you can get reactivation-shingles at any age) as a kid - unknown rashes are a terrible pain in the butt. 

image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Oh, that sucks!! I seriously feel horrible for you. As someone who frequently gets hives (I have a few right now), I can tell you that Zyrtec is the best antihistamine for this type of reaction. I'd obviously check with your dr before taking it, though. If you don't get answers at the dermatologist, I would highly recommend seeing an allergist. Food and other allergies can get f*ed up by hormones, so its a good idea to check into it. Good luck!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • There is an astringent soak you can buy called domeboro. It's a powder and you put it in the bathtub. It helps with itching. Hope you get some answers! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh, so sorry you're going through this!  I had pupps with DS, but I had a wierd outbreak on my feet.  Oatmeal baths and a prescription cream were the only things that even came close to helping.  DH started sleeping in the other room because I'd, apparently, start itching my feet on him in the middle of the night :(.  Hope the dermatologist can help you out tomorrow!
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• I'm SO sorry! I had puppps at the end of my last pregnancy, and while your rash doesn't sound like puppps, I can definitely relate to the intense itching. The only thing that really helped me was icing the rash. (I tried oatmeal baths and Benadryl cream and got some very temporary relief but the ice I could leave on there and it helped)

Hope the dermatologist figures out what's up and gets you cured!

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagedrpayne:
    There is an astringent soak you can buy called domeboro. It's a powder and you put it in the bathtub. It helps with itching. Hope you get some answers! 

Also, definitely keep taking benadryl. It's the most effective, although the drowsiness sucks. You can add something else, like zyrtec. I'm sympathetic!!  I dealt with this last time and I thought I might scratch off my skin. I tried absolutely everything OTC but nothing helped much. I think I got some relief by mixing gold bond lotion (green bottle) with hydrocortisone.  I switched to free and clear detergent, changed soap, etc. I finally got an rx for a steroid cream and it was the ONLY thing that was effective. 

• imagedrpayne:

imagedrpayne:
    There is an astringent soak you can buy called domeboro. It's a powder and you put it in the bathtub. It helps with itching. Hope you get some answers! 

Also, definitely keep taking benadryl. It's the most effective, although the drowsiness sucks. You can add something else, like zyrtec. I'm sympathetic!!  I dealt with this last time and I thought I might scratch off my skin. I tried absolutely everything OTC but nothing helped much. I think I got some relief by mixing gold bond lotion (green bottle) with hydrocortisone.  I switched to free and clear detergent, changed soap, etc. I finally got an rx for a steroid cream and it was the ONLY thing that was effective. 

i was wondering if steroid cream was safe during pregnancy. Hopefully I get some good news tomorrow. If I go much longer I won't be able to open my eye because of swelling. I can't go out in public because it totally looks like I have been abused lol. I will update everyone when I get back from my appt tomorrow. Thanks again for the advice.

Also I tried an oatmeal mask on my face and one affected leg. It helped the leg a little bit but made my face itch more.  

On the bright side Dh enjoys that I've been lounging around the house in nothing but a nighty.  

• I'm so sorry that sounds awful. I hope your doc helps you out tomorrow. and you can get some relief.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • imageakating:
    imagedrpayne:

imagedrpayne:

i was wondering if steroid cream was safe during pregnancy. Hopefully I get some good news tomorrow. If I go much longer I won't be able to open my eye because of swelling. I can't go out in public because it totally looks like I have been abused lol. I will update everyone when I get back from my appt tomorrow. Thanks again for the advice.

Also I tried an oatmeal mask on my face and one affected leg. It helped the leg a little bit but made my face itch more.  

On the bright side Dh enjoys that I've been lounging around the house in nothing but a nighty.  

I really think the "no steroids while pregnant" fear is a little over-blown... Especially topically.  I was even given oral steroids while pregnant once.  Sometimes it's the only option and you obviously need relief.  Have you tried a new soap?  Switched to a fragrance free detergent and washed everything (ie sheets)?  I think I even cut out dairy and wheat for a while to rule out a food allergy. I never figured out what caused it.  Pregnancy is nuts. 

• I have only changed to a dye/fragrance free soap. I wanted to wait to do anything else until I see the deretologist. I don't want to screw up his process of elimination by changing everything. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"