May 2012 Moms

My Chunky Monkey (iPhone PIP)

Just for back from our two month appt. And, my little guy is now a chunky monkey! Our pedi is recommending I cut back on feedings. But... I leak when he cries!
At birth - 20.25" long and 7lbs14oz
At 3 day check up - 20.25" long and 7lbs3oz
At 2 week check up - 21" long (55%) and 8lbs15oz (50%)
At 2mos check up - 24" long (80%) and a whopping 14lbs0oz (97%!!!) 

Re: My Chunky Monkey (iPhone PIP)

• Adorable! That's so weird, though, I have never heard of a pedi recommending cutting feedings with an EBF baby, especially one so young. What were your thoughts on it? FWIW, My DD1 was -- and still is -- in the 90-95% for both weight and height. At 3 years old, she is very tall and lean. 

Anyway, what a cutie pie -- he looks very healthy. :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• So funny that you posted this when I JUST read this; found it really interesting.
    https://www.pistachioproject.com/2011/08/breastfed-babies-grow-differently.html
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I'm going to keep feeding on demand. Sometimes that's every hour, sometimes it every 3 or 4. Once, he even went 6. Like Pp said, EBF babies tend to pack on pounds early and slim down after the first 6mos. The Dr Sears website says some will resemble "baby sumo wrestlers", but by 18mos are thinner than those who were formula fed. 
  • imageFyreFlyeRush:
    I'm going to keep feeding on demand. Sometimes that's every hour, sometimes it every 3 or 4. Once, he even went 6. Like Pp said, EBF babies tend to pack on pounds early and slim down after the first 6mos. The Dr Sears website says some will resemble "baby sumo wrestlers", but by 18mos are thinner than those who were formula fed.nbsp;

I think you are totally right! And the most important thing is that he is healthy.... The very best indication you're doing your job right.

• ebl2ebl2 member

I EBF and my baby eats (on demand) about every 2 hours during the day. She lets me sleep at night and goes about 4-6 hours. At her 2 month appt. last week she weighed 13 lbs. 12 oz - she was 8.15 at birth, 90th percentile. 

My pedi loves her weight gain, says you can never over feed a breastfed baby.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• So glad that you posted this!

My little man was 25in and 15lbs at his 2 month check. I was worried he was gaining too much but my pedi said not to worry but just make sure that his cues are for hunger/eating and not just for soothing.  

Today, my little guys is off the charts (>100% percentile) at 16lbs 5oz and 26in.

Keep it up mommies! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh my he is SOOOOO ADORABLE!!!
  • super cute!  I also have been told my many many lactation consultants (seen a lot!) that I am to feed on demand. Hallie went from 6 to 12 lbs in 3 months, going from the 3rd to 30th percentile very quickly!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My guy is a bf chunk too. My daughter was the same. She ate constantly and was 90+ until she got mobile. Now she's 3.5 and 90+ for height and 50% for weight. Definitely keep feeding him on demand! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"