January 2013 Moms

Moms who have "popped"

I know everyone is different. However, I know a lot of us have started to "pop" and show a bump. Sorry for my ignorance, but when you say "pop" is your stomach actually hard, or is it still a little soft? At some points mine feels hard, but other times it just feels like fat. Is there an average time for when the stomach is actually a hard bump?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moms who have "popped"

• Below my belly button it is hard, above it still squishy haha! I can no longer suck my stomach in, so that's how I decided it's more of a baby bump and no longer the "beer belly" look. At almost 17 weeks exactly is when it started to harden for me anyway.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine is hard from about my belly button down, I can sort of squish my stomach above my belly button but I can't suck any of it in anymore.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageashcody2:
    Below my belly button it is hard, above it still squishy haha! I can no longer suck my stomach in, so that's how I decided it's more of a baby bump and no longer the "beer belly" look. At almost 17 weeks exactly is when it started to harden for me anyway.

A few weeks ago I could no longer suck in. So I thought for sure that the hard belly was coming, but nothing substantial yet...

• I call it my kangaroo pouch because my belly is really hard below my belly button and sticks out further than my abdomen above my belly button. It's been like this every day for a good week and a half and doesn't soften at all anymore so it's definitely not bloat.
  • I'm hard below the belly button and squishy still on the top.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagezonagirlie:
    I'm hard below the belly button and squishy still on the top.

Same! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagejessalared:

imagezonagirlie:

Same! 

Another "same" on this one..Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageaklawrence1:
    imagejessalared:

imagezonagirlie:

Same! 

Another "same" on this one..Smile

same for me as well!  

• I'm pretty hard all over---below and above belly button.  Doesn't make sense but I'm very short waisted so not much room for things to go I guess. I also carried high with DD.
  • It's mostly just my lower abdomen that's hard as well.

I've also noticed that I seem bigger/more bloated in the late afternoons or evenings.  By the time I get home from work, I am dying to put on sweat pants (I am currently sitting at my desk with the button of my dress that goes across my bump unbuttoned, and hoping no one walks in). 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby248 - ETA 1/10/13
  • I'm pretty soft all over but I feel like my stomach popped out a lot more this week than it has in weeks past. Now if I lay on my back my stomach is pretty hard but when standing or sitting, mostly soft. I guess it just depends on how the uterus is laying/sitting.
  • I mean "popped" quite literally: baby popped up from behind my pubic bone and started his journey upward. For weeks he was so hard to find, suddenly he was inches higher! My uterus is WAY more prominent since that change, and quite firm--not as firm as 20+ weeks (when fluid really starts to build around baby) but not as flabby as 15 weeks.
    imageimage
  • imagezonagirlie:

Ditto!

• Ive grown a bump at times my stomach is hard then soft
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • mines hard as a rock at 17 weeks. Up until the last week I would wake up and it would be a little squishy but after an hour or two would be hard again.
  • Mine has been squishy for weeks but yesterday I noticed that when im standing it cant be sucked in, cant pinch the skin anymore andi its hard when I poke/push, nice and firm, and a definite roundness to it that wasn't there before. But when I lie down its still all squishy and fat rolls! 

There is without a doubt a change yet subtle. Having said that, my DH says he can't notice a difference. So it could just be my over-enthusiasm! ;) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"