Breastfeeding
Options

EPer who is missing nursing

I wish I would have stuck with nursing. EPing is going beyond well - I respond well to the pump, getting 5-6 extra ounces a day more than LO eats. I have it to where I only have to pump 6 times a day and I'm loving giving her the best nutrition. However, I miss the nursing experience. I didn't stick with it because I have a zero pain tolerance. My nips are flat and baby had such a hard time latching. If I would have kept nursing, it probably would be easier now. I tried again the other day but my baby was so confused...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: EPer who is missing nursing

• Options
    :hugs:  perhaps try again when your LO isn't very hungry, after you have already stimulated a let down (either manually or w/a pump)...do you have any nipple shields?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I know exactly how you feel.  I'm in the same boat...We tried everything to get him to latch with no luck.  I hate Eping. 

How many times a day do you pump?  How much are you bottle feeding? Just curious.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you're interested, you could work to get baby latching again. It's not too late, but it's going to take more than one try.

https://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/child/back-to-breast/

• Options
    I have to use the hamburger hold for my nipples, if you see a LC, you may be able to get him relatched.
    dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I have those moments too.  I start to question whether I/we really tried hard enough, whether we gave up too easily (is it giving up to EP? *snort*), if we should try again.  I've had some negative feedback about EPing and some snark and I feel guilty.

But I know, in looking back at everything, we made the right decision.  I did try to get her to the breast again at one point, and had limited success.  DH consistently reminds me that I am minimizing the difficulty we were having, and that we made the best decision for us at the time.

I felt better hearing that a friend had the same issue, and her second had no problems breastfeeding.  It was reassuring.  I wish I had good advice to share, but I don't.  Oly sympathy.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"