Breastfeeding
Options

Recommend your double, electric pump

I'm sure this has been aske before but I didn't see the answer in the last few pages- 

I'm a FTM and am going to BF and pump, mainly once I'm back at work full time. I know I want a double electric pump, but there's are a lot to choose from with a pretty wide price range. Can anyone recommend what they have, whether you love it or hate it and tell me why? 

Thanks!

imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Recommend your double, electric pump

• Options
    I have a Medela Pump in style advanced and love it. I exclusively pump, so it's gotta be good. Some people don't respond well to pumps, and for them a hospital grade pump (which you can rent from the hopsital) may give better results. The Medela PISA has worked beautifully for me however. I can pump about twice what I need in only 3, 15 minute sessions a day. I also love the bag it comes with and the milk cooler. You can keep all your pump parts, the cooler a towel.. everything you need in the bag, ready to go. And it's very discreet. It just looks like a regular black bag.
  • Options
    PISA here too. You really can't go wrong with it. Plus, Medela's customer service is EXCELLENT in case anything ever does go haywire or you have any problems. I've only had to use them once, when my power adapter started to smell like it was burning, but still worked. They shipped me a new one, for free, and I had it within 1-2 days as I recall. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    km3km3 member
    Awesome - I like hearing good things about that one since it's one that I was thinking about.  They make that same pump in the "metro" version.  The only difference is it's a bigger bag and the motor is removable.  Do either of you think there would be a benefit to removing the motor?
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagekalette:
    I have a Medela Pump in style advanced and love it. I exclusively pump, so it's gotta be good. Some people don't respond well to pumps, and for them a hospital grade pump (which you can rent from the hopsital) may give better results. The Medela PISA has worked beautifully for me however. I can pump about twice what I need in only 3, 15 minute sessions a day. I also love the bag it comes with and the milk cooler. You can keep all your pump parts, the cooler a towel.. everything you need in the bag, ready to go. And it's very discreet. It just looks like a regular black bag.

this. I have been EPing for 10 months and it works great. I love it has a battery pack too for traveling in the car.

• Options
    Ameda Purely Yours. It does the job and I haven't had to replace too many parts. One was my own fault because I dropped it and one was a little drippy thing that fell off and got lost. Replacement was easy, too. I'll use it again for this one.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Medela Freestyle...it's amazing.  It saved me from quitting.  I have to EP and having to sit tied down to my PISA was very hard, esp. having a 2 year old at home.  I can work and pump at the same time, cook dinner, play with my son, etc.  Well worth the money.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I recommend an Ameda or Hygeia. They are closed-system pumps, so milk can not get into the motor and tubing. Ameda is also a lot less costly than the Medela. I think Medela's are overpriced for an inferior design.

• Options
    I've been using my Ameda Purely Yours for about 14 months without a problem.  I work second shift two weeks every month, so I used it six times a day for about 9 months and have been *very slowly* dropping sessions.  It's a pretty solid pump - I was in a car accident about a month ago and it was on my passenger seat when the air bag deployed, so it got thrown around the car.  The motor makes noises it didn't before, but it still works just fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"