February 2013 Moms

Oopsie weight gain

Seems I've gained 8 lbs in a month. Whoops.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Oopsie weight gain

• It's ok, the baby must need it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've gained close to the same amount....but it was fast! I think part of it was from when we got back from vacation. It's only been about a week and a half that my pants have not fit! Oopsie indeed! lol I say this as chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are in the oven....at least the oatmeal is healthy, right! ;-)
  • Loading the player...
  • me, too!  I had an appt last week and told my md that i was concerned about the rate of gain - her response was that she doesn't worry about weight in the 1st trimester at all b/c people can be all over the place.  

am hoping my body is doing what it needs for the baby and that the weight gain will slow down/level off for the 2nd tri! 

cookies sound delicious!!! 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • This morning I told a paralegal who I work with a lot that I'm pregnant.  She was like, "Yeah, I figured.  I looked at you this morning and thought, wow, Beth's never been that big in the stomach!  I mean, the rest of you hasn't really gained that much, but your stomach is really noticeable!"  I guess I should have been offended but I was kind of happy she noticed, even if it is mostly bloat...
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Suz+MoSuz+Mo member
    I know me too!!  I read that you aren't supposed to gain any weight in the first tri....oops!  Too late for that!    I'm trying to eat healthy, but I guess I've messed up more than I realized!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I thought I had gained 10lbs since my LMP.  Last Tuesday I was up 10lbs and now I'm down 6...still up 4 from my LMP but better than the 10 I thought I'd gain.  Darn bloating/water retention
    imageimageimage VOTE on my Name List     
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'll see what my weight gain is at my appointment on Thursday. I have every intention of pretending all of it was gained after I hit 13 weeks. Then I can just call it 2nd tri weight. Wink
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagekatie24l:
    It's ok, the baby must need it!

I've gained 5lbs. The baby does not need it. I'm eating too damn much to avoid puking. Oh...except the cake. I really didn't need the cake...or the ice cream...or the reese cups...or the macaroni and cheese.

Yeah, I'm thinking this is my fault.   Big Smile

Missed m/c found @ 10 weeks - May 2010
    Missed m/c found @ 10.5 weeks - August 2012
  • I had my appointment today and I've gained 10 lbs!  I can't believe I've gained that much!  I need to really get my eating in check or I'm going to be huge.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNechamaChayim:

imagekatie24l:

I've gained 5lbs. The baby does not need it. I'm eating too damn much to avoid puking....or the macaroni and cheese.

This is me...but add in a snack of cheese and crackers almost daily (it's what helps me not throw up once I get off the subway....) and I'm up 5 pounds. Fortunately my MW said she's less concerned about my weight gain now as she will be later. At least I eat relatively healthy and I limit my cheese/crackers fixing to a very small helping.  

TTC 1: Off BCP late October 2011. BFP #1 Jan 2, 2012; EDD September 5, 2012; m/c Jan 12, 2012. BFP #2 June 14, 2012; EDD February 22, 2013.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
    My super all about me birth story:
    Then: Fraternal twins born at 26 weeks in 1983. Me: 640 grams. Brother: 840 grams. Family kept watch in the NICU for 5 months before being allowed to go home. On oxygen for a year and a half after being released.
    Now: Me: PhD student and married. Brother: Lawyer and married.
    Dad's wedding speech: Thank you to all the family who stood watch and prayed for our children's survival. Well now the little scrawny chicken is married. Who would've thought? (Thanks dad for making me laugh and cry at the same time).
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mjr12mjr12 member
    It's ok.  Some months you'll gain more than others.  Don't worry too much!  :)
  • FWIW - I discovered at just under 6 WEEKS that I had shot up 10lbs... as of my appt last week, I haven't gained an ounce more (thank heavens)! Totally freaked me out when everyone else was complaining & worrying about a gain of 2-3lbs a couple weeks ago!! In this case it really doesn't help I've had no m/s to combat the gain... though I'll certainly take the weight over being ill!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Me, too. I hadn't gained a pound until the last week or two, then bam. Up about 8. That isn't baby. It is butter and cheese.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Home in the bush.
  • Yep, I've also gained 8 lbs since 8 weeks - seriously don't sweat it - everyone's body will gain so differently and your body knows what it needs.
  • imageSuz+Mo:
    I know me too!!  I read that you aren't supposed to gain any weight in the first tri....oops!  Too late for that!    I'm trying to eat healthy, but I guess I've messed up more than I realized!

I'm normally really small, but have always gained about 8 pounds during the first trimester. Don't worry unless your doctor becomes concerned. Maybe we just need the extra weight? Big Smile

Mom to 4 wonderful children: T(8), B(6) ,M(3), and A(1)
    baby #5 due 12-07-14
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageNechamaChayim:

imagekatie24l:

I've gained 5lbs. The baby does not need it. I'm eating too damn much to avoid puking. Oh...except the cake. I really didn't need the cake...or the ice cream...or the reese cups...or the macaroni and cheese.

Yeah, I'm thinking this is my fault.   Big Smile

Haha, all of this!  Sometimes I just cannot seem to help myself, especially when I'm craving sweets.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"