Attachment Parenting

Mom=pacifier

My DS is 31weeks, and has only gone a few hours here and there away from DH or myself. Our work schedules make it so that DH is home in the morning and I am home in the afternoon and evening.

Lately, I cannot put DS down or leave the room without him crying. Even if he is sitting on DH's lap. DH thinks that I hold him all the time, which I don't. I do hold him more than DH does. We play together where I'm close, but not holding him, and DH does too. DS is always near us, even if not being held.

I guess I'm just not sure how to handle this. Is it a phase?

I've been wondering if maybe wearing him while I'm home again may be a possible solution

Any ideas?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mom=pacifier

• I think it sounds totally normal for your LO to want to be very close to you.  I have a little shadow that follows me everywhere I go throughout the house unless DH is actively playing with her.  Once he starts crawling and walking, it gets easier because then he doesn't need to be carried everywhere by you and can start going where he wants.
  • Yep it is normal and wearing him around will definitely help!

As for 'holding him too much' you can't hold a baby too much, it can be tough if you need to do stuff; but it will help him ease into independence and as he gets older you can ask him to wait (not for very long!)

Good Luck 

Little Rose is 2 1/2.
  • Loading the player...
  • LO went through a phase at exactly this time. He wasn't crawling until 8.5 months, but wanted to follow me everywhere so it was very frustrating for him! I just carried him if I could.
    5.18.11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker EDD 3.12.13
  • imageamatistajoy:
    LO went through a phase at exactly this time. He wasn't crawling until 8.5 months, but wanted to follow me everywhere so it was very frustrating for him! I just carried him if I could.

This! It's a phase and as he gets moving he'll ease up. For me the bumpo seat came in handy, I could sit him up where he could see me if I needed to do dishes etc and he would be okay with not being held and didn't feel alone. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, my DD was like this too.  She couldn't go 5 minutes without seeing me and as soon as I walked into the room, she'd start crying (even if she was happily playing with DH).  It is finally easing, and she can play by herself for 10-15 minutes while I put laundry away or do dishes.  It helps if she can still hear my voice so I try to talk or sing to her while I'm going from room to room.  I also know her limit of how long she can play by herself.  I agree with pp that once your LO is more active, he'll be able to follow you (which could also be a fun game for you) and won't be so tied to you.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"