Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Noises while sleeping?

I was wondering if it was normal for a 5 week old baby to make a lot of noises while they are sleeping?  My little guy makes tons of loud groans, grunts, squeaks, etc. during the night.  He will literally do this for hours before he wakes up so it keeps me up most of the night.  He also has pretty bad gas so I'm not sure if this would be contributing to this.  I don't think he can be getting restful sleep given all of the noises I am hearing!  Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Noises while sleeping?

• all newborns are noisy sleepers. I filter most of the noises by now - except for the "I am going to wake up soon" one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I agree with acbfreire, they are very noisy! I remember waking up when DS would stop making noise b/c I was afraid he'd quit breathing! He now seems to make fewer noises when he's sleeping, except when he's got gas pains.

• Loading the player...
  • I was wondering the same thing my daughter is 7 weeks and will grunt in her sleep so loud it is amazing!  I still always check the monitor and sure enough her eyes are closed and sound asleep.
    *****PAIFW/ SAIFW***** Me 28 DH 28 MFI- told IVF only choice Me-Anovulatory, HSG-clear 3/11 IVF-1 converted to IUI due to 3 dominant follicles-BFN IVF 1.1 ER:6/28 27 eggs 17 fertilized ICSI ET:7/1 2: 8 cell embryos 15 frosties Beta: 7/12-BFN FET:3 day transfer 3 embryos BFP! Beta 10dp3=87 Beta 13dp3=301 Beta 17dp3=1776 Ultrasound 6weeks 3 days 1 hearbeat of 125bpm and a gestational sacBravado Bras at Nurtured Family
  • its normal my lil one is almost 7weeks and does all of what you listed above ^^ my mom just says there probably dreaming when they giggle smile or looks like they're going to cry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemariamora15:
    its normal my lil one is almost 7weeks and does all of what you listed above ^^ my mom just says there probably dreaming when they giggle smile or looks like they're going to cry.

hahaha.....I love watching LO when he is smiling in his sleep and then it quickly turns into a sad face... 

• My son makes a ton of noises throughout the day. He is a very noisy baby. It is actually comforting because even when he has settled into a good sleep, I can still hear his breathing, so it lets me know that he is ok. Sometimes it isn't so nice when you are trying to sleep, but I would rather have that than a very quiet baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ha ha! My 6 week old LO grunts so loud when he sleeps!  He makes all kinds of noises! 
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"