January 2013 Moms

what is the dumbest thing you have done because of pregnancy brain?

I have pregnancy brain bad!  It goes way beyond just forgetting things.  I have completely lost the ability to multitask

My dumbest:

I watered my cup of change instead of my plant

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: what is the dumbest thing you have done because of pregnancy brain?

• RaeilyRaeily member

I scratched myself with my nail and it hurt and I looked down at the nails on my right hand and freaked out because they were SUPER long and I KNEW I had just cut my nails... looked at my left hand.... I had only cut the nails on my left hand. *Sigh* 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• imageRaeily:

I scratched myself with my nail and it hurt and I looked down at the nails on my right hand and freaked out because they were SUPER long and I KNEW I had just cut my nails... looked at my left hand.... I had only cut the nails on my left hand. *Sigh* 

Hahahahahaha! This is so funny!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I put the peanut  butter in the fridge and then freaked out because I NEEDED some and we didn't have any... at least not where we usually keep it. I felt so stupid when I found it in the fridge the next day after going out and buying some.
  • The basics... ice cream in the fridge and milk the cabinet type things. :)

Kendall, 1/1/13
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • stewzstewz member
    I left the stove on all day! and?i can't remember words when I'm talking. I'm using a lot of hand gestures these days. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went out for a family dinner the other night and I started driving in the wrong direction to a restaurant I've been to a hundred times. My husband just asked if I had changed my mind about the restaurant choice. It took me a minute to realize what I was doing. Then I left the car running and got out. Good thing I can't lock it without the keys in my hand.
    “On the Road that I have taken, one day walking I awaken, amazed to see where I've come, where I'm going, where I'm from.” ― Dean Koontz, The Book Of Counted Sorrows

Baby Ansan 1-21-13
    Stephanie 5-23-97
    3rd baby due 5-5-14
  • Just silly memory issues....like DH and will talk about something and not even an hour later I will bring it up again and he is like...."hello we already discussed this"....Can't think of anything else right now....seems like there was something else recently tho....lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I freaked out because I thought I ate cheese that was over 6 months past the expiration date, only to have my DH point out that it expires in December 2012 and it was still good.  Somehow I've gotten ahead of myself and already thinking it's 2013.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I should show my DH this. He doesn't believe me that pregnancy brain is real!

BabyFruit Ticker

• So far -

I've sat and stared at a spreadsheet for work for 30 minutes and could not figure out what it was I was working on.

And unfortunately, more than once, I have been driving and forgotten where I was driving too.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • cwildtcwildt member

I made egg and corn fried fritters, 9 of them. Only when I served them did I realize I had forgotten to put any egg. Duh! No wonder they were a disaster!

• I forgot to take my wallet while grocery shopping. (luckily I live one minute away from the store and drove home and back in less than five minutes)

I also wore two different color flip flops to target. Didn't notice until I was on my way home! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I should save this for FFFC - but I'm putting on my big girl panties - so flame me if you must.  I almost forgot to buckle DS in his car seat the other day.  I got him in the car and in his seat, he was complaining about his shoes, so I took his shoes off, and I closed his door, went and got in the driver's seat, turned on the car, and put it in reverse.

THANK GOD he is a creature of extraordinary routine and habit, because he said, "Mommy, buckle me up."  And I looked in the rear view mirror and almost had a heart attack.  

Major pregnancy brain and mommy FAIL.  :(

ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
  • imagelittlemaybaby:

I should save this for FFFC - but I'm putting on my big girl panties - so flame me if you must.  I almost forgot to buckle DS in his car seat the other day.  I got him in the car and in his seat, he was complaining about his shoes, so I took his shoes off, and I closed his door, went and got in the driver's seat, turned on the car, and put it in reverse.

THANK GOD he is a creature of extraordinary routine and habit, because he said, "Mommy, buckle me up."  And I looked in the rear view mirror and almost had a heart attack.  

Aww, don't feel bad! You obviously have a responsible child, at least they reminded you! :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have so many... I'll just give you today's lol. I searched for my phone charger for 15 minutes( it was right in front of my face) finally plugged it into the wall and realized an hour later I never hooked my phone to it. *slaps forehead*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I asked dh where my phone was as I was talking on it.

At my first dr appointment, the nurse called Brooke's name, and I just got right up to follow her....yeah, my name's not Brooke. Good thing it was the OB's office and everyone understood pregnancy brain!

• Went to leave the house for work last week. Walked out the door with my work bag, lunch and even a bagel for breakfast. Locked the door and got into my car. Went to turn the car on and realized that I had no keys to do so----and now I was locked out of my house. Luckily DH was home, so I called him from my cell and he let me in to get my keys.

Today, another key incident. I went to walk down the street to lunch with my boss and realized half-way down the street that I was carrying my car keys. Very random. *Note I work in a downtown city and once you park your car you pretty much leave it and walk anywhere you need to go.

So many times I am doing something and just forget what I am doing. I am learning to just move on and eventually it will come back to me what I was supossed to be doing. I swear this never happened before I was pregnant. It's very annoying.

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • imagelittlemaybaby:

I should save this for FFFC - but I'm putting on my big girl panties - so flame me if you must.  I almost forgot to buckle DS in his car seat the other day.  I got him in the car and in his seat, he was complaining about his shoes, so I took his shoes off, and I closed his door, went and got in the driver's seat, turned on the car, and put it in reverse.

Dont feel bad, DHs parents forgot to buckle him in when he was little and he opened the door while the car was moving and rolled across the street.  His mom felt like a major failure. Luckily he was just fine and was laughing.  It is a big joke in the family now.   (he was about 1)

Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • 3 times last week I made a big deal about making sure I got a full load of dishes in...and then didn't turn on the machine.
  • these are making my day...

I am a nurse and at the end of my shift we have to give report to the next shift on the patient's we had overnight.  One night I had two patients (just two, mind you, not like six or something more forgettable) and I gave report on the first one and just left without giving report on the second one.  Just went home.  The next nurse was looking for me I guess and when they realized I had left they all laughed and blamed it on pregnancy brain!!!  Horribly embarrassing!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagelittlemaybaby:

Been there, done that. Don't feel bad about it.
    “On the Road that I have taken, one day walking I awaken, amazed to see where I've come, where I'm going, where I'm from.” ― Dean Koontz, The Book Of Counted Sorrows

Baby Ansan 1-21-13
    Stephanie 5-23-97
    3rd baby due 5-5-14
  • I have quite a few...

I'm sure some of you remember my January 2012 due date on our pregnancy announcement.

I forget what I'm talking about mid sentence, not mid conversation, mid freaking sentence.

I forget about entire conversations. Just the other night DH was making smoothies. He asked me my opinion about a bunch of the ingredients and their amounts. I apparently answered him. He brought my the smoothie 5 minutes later and I freaked out about the ingredients - the ones I had JUST told him to include.

I've passed streets or turns multiple times while driving.

I blamed DH for deleting things on the DVR. He said he saw me do it the night before. Although I still question this...

I've gone to the store for something specific and I end up walking out with a bunch of other things, none of which include what I went to the store for.

I could seriously keep going. All of my baby brain moments are a total running joke in our home!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"