Two Under 2

I'm writing a book! Please come in!

So, I got fed up with having no resources for 2u2 outside of online forums and such sooo... I'm writing a book! I have not sold the idea to a publisher yet and am still debating between agent/publisher and self-publication. We'll get there in a few months, I think.

Anyway, if anyone wants to contribute, I'd love it! There's going to be a section from real mommies who have been there. Stories and pics to help keep readers entertained and motivated to keep on keepin' on. "I almost killed my husband when", "my favorite moment was", I helped my toddler adjust by", "the day it got easier was...", "I have the most awesome family and if I could do it over, I would" kind of thing.

Please, if you have a story or whatever and would like to help me with this project, please e-mail me!!  amervine at gmail dot com!

Thank you so much ladies!!! 

Re: I'm writing a book! Please come in!

• Are there those of you who actually have time to read?  For pleasure??
  • imageKaiterz:
    Are there those of you who actually have time to read?  For pleasure??

I know lots of ladies who read on their kindles or smart phones while nursing. I'm absolutely guilty of this! Also, the book will be "pregnancy through parenthood" meant to be started during the second pregnancy. Looking back, I had tons of time when I was pregnant with Anna, being a SAH to one child. ; )

Are you saying that you think it's a bad idea? Something that wouldn't have helped you? Since I looked for something like what I'm working on, I assumed other mothers looked for 2u2 resources as well. Isn't that what we do here? 

• Loading the player...
  • I would love to have a book like that to read during this pregnancy. I feel like I had so many books to choose from while pregnant with the first but now it all seems redundent because it was not all that long ago and so far everything feels the same as last time. I would love to have a book on hand that would inspire me/calm my nerves/prepare me for a toddler and newborn.

Good luck with your project!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRyanandManda:

Are you saying that you think it's a bad idea? 

No.  There are markets for all things.  I was more acting out on my jealousy of those who are able to find time to read.  

• I think this is a great idea and I'd be interested in contributing! Would it be okay if my story was about having PPD for the first time and how it effected our adjustment? The story will end happily and I'm pregnant and will have 2u2 again (so we obviously came out the other side.) but I just feel like I wish I could've found something to encourage me during that time.
    image DD Kara Ashton 11/16/01 SD Karlee Nicole 11/04/00 DD Karsyn Joy 5/15/09 DS Connor Mack 2/25/11 DD Kaitlyn Mae 12/14/12 2 angels 6/2/08 and 6/9/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • imagesoontobemrs.boulet:
    I think this is a great idea and I'd be interested in contributing! Would it be okay if my story was about having PPD for the first time and how it effected our adjustment? The story will end happily and I'm pregnant and will have 2u2 again (so we obviously came out the other side.) but I just feel like I wish I could've found something to encourage me during that time.
    yes please!!! I'd love to include your story! Please send me an email when you can! Thank you so much!
  • imageKaiterz:

imageRyanandManda:

Are you saying that you think it's a bad idea? 

No.  There are markets for all things.  I was more acting out on my jealousy of those who are able to find time to read.  

I also read on my Kindle while BFing and pumping (if LO is asleep at the time).  Where there's a will to read, there's a way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"