C-sections
Options

scar massage

Has anyone heard of this or tried it? I had a somewhat emergency c-section and afterward my midwife I was seeing suggested scar massage to help me physically and emotionally deal with the scar. Not sure if it is worth it, but it sounds pretty cool.

Re: scar massage

• Options
    Haven't heard of this.  Sounds painful if it's close to when you had surgery.  Is it helping you?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagearenglan:
    Haven't heard of this.  Sounds painful if it's close to when you had surgery.y  Is it helping you?
    I haven't tried it yet. It is supposed to promote healing, making the scar smaller and improving sensation. I think it is supposed to be a bit uncomfortable but not painful. I might give it a shot.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you go somewhere for this? I may consider getting this as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageBabymom27:
    Do you go somewhere for this? I may consider getting this as well.
    . My MW gave me info about a place that does it. They work with women who have had c-sections and mastectomies. I googled "scar massage" and info came up about it. I think there might be techniques you can do at home, too.
  • Options
    I haven't heard of having someone else massage my scar, but my mother-in-law gave me wheat germ oil to rub on my scar. She had an ectopic pregnancy years ago, and her homeopathic doctor told her to rub it on her scar to soften the scar tissue. She just gave it to me, so I haven't done it long enough to notice a physical or emotional change.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes. I do it. There is a great video on you tube that explains to you how to do it. It is very beneficial and is suppose to help with scar tissue.
  • Options

Ugh I hate this! My dr told me I needed to do it in order to prevent "dimpling" since I had a RCS. It Dosen't hurt.. Actually feels kinda good but mentally I have a hard time doing it. In my mind the scar is not suppose to be touched. Lol. I normally do it after a shower and hold a thick towel against my scar so I don't actually touch it. Plus I can feel the knots under my skin.... Yuck!  

Mom to former 30 weeker born early to Pre-E. Now happy, health and growing at home!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"