December 2011 Moms

UO Thursday!

Go!!

Mine is that I think favors at a wedding, shower or birthday party are a huge waste of money. Most of the time I either forget mine at the party or it goes directly into a random place in the house. I don't understand why people bother with these.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO Thursday!

• Going with that theme, I really dislike surprise showers. I feel like most of the time it backfires and the person finds out anyway, and it's so stressful trying to "trick" the the person in order to get them there and hoping that no one else slips. Also, I personally don't like to be surprised like that so I knew about both of my showers but I said I just wanted to know the day an nothing else so that I could be mentally and physically prepared (i.e. properly dressed). 

And to expand on that, I don't think brides or mothers-to-be should plan their own showers. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebelle785:

Mine is that I think favors at a wedding, shower or birthday party are a huge waste of money. Most of the time I either forget mine at the party or it goes directly into a random place in the house. I don't understand why people bother with these.  

One of my cousins who just got married skipped favors...we didn't miss them.

Mine:  I love watching the Olympics on TV, but I don't like the way NBC broadcasts them.  It's like they "hoard" the footage they know everyone wants to see and they string you along all day and finally show it from 10-11 at night.  Growing up in the Detroit area, we were able to get a few Canadian TV stations from Windsor.  The Canadian channels did a much better job of showing events live and in their entirety.

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think the people who are bashing Chick-fil-A are annoying.  It's no surprise that the company, which is privately owned, is based on Christian beliefs.  They've made no effort to make people think otherwise.  They are the only large business I know of that's closed on Sunday and they don't apologize for it - and they shouldn't.  They don't discriminate who they serve or who they hire based on legally protected conditions.

I love CFA and their food.  I'm glad they're standing firm in what they believe in.  It takes a lot of guts to stand your ground in today's culture.

GO HOKIES!

• I think taking small things way too seriously (ahem, MIL) or holding onto anger and grudges is a sad way to live.  I can't imagine living every day carrying that with me.  Especially when I have LO to make me so happy and to hlep me put in perspective what the important things really are. 
  • imagevedwards:

I think the people who are bashing Chick-fil-A are annoying.  It's no surprise that the company, which is privately owned, is based on Christian beliefs.  They've made no effort to make people think otherwise.  They are the only large business I know of that's closed on Sunday and they don't apologize for it - and they shouldn't.  They don't discriminate who they serve or who they hire based on legally protected conditions.

I love CFA and their food.  I'm glad they're standing firm in what they believe in.  It takes a lot of guts to stand your ground in today's culture.

I 100% agree with this.  I also think that Rahm Emmanuel is being immature by not "allowing" CFA to open their already built new restaurant in Chicago.  I thought this was a free country. 

May Siggy Challenge: TV mom

Pregnancy Ticker

• I think people need to be a lot more forgiving, on the Bump and in real life. People make mistakes...and most of the time it is okay!  

• imagelijuan09:
    imagevedwards:

I think the people who are bashing Chick-fil-A are annoying.  It's no surprise that the company, which is privately owned, is based on Christian beliefs.  They've made no effort to make people think otherwise.  They are the only large business I know of that's closed on Sunday and they don't apologize for it - and they shouldn't.  They don't discriminate who they serve or who they hire based on legally protected conditions.

I 100% agree with this.  I also think that Rahm Emmanuel is being immature by not "allowing" CFA to open their already built new restaurant in Chicago.  I thought this was a free country. 

Yes 

• imagevedwards:

Hobby Lobby is closed on Sundays for the same reasons as CFA. 
  • imagevedwards:

THIS! Well said, that was my UO for the day. All of this CFA crap is ridiculous. It's always been a christian company. If you don't like it, don't freakin' eat it! BOOHOO! I am glad that they are standing up for what they believe in.  

• BURP!!!!!!!
  • imagelijuan09:
    imagevedwards:

YesYes 

• Babies are not little adults. They don't mind if the car seat is rear-facing. They don't care if they're wiped every time. A tasty meat puree probably won't gross them out.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagemtb21:
    imagekelsea1031:
    imagelijuan09:
    imagevedwards:

YesYes 

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not American & we don't even have CFA here, but I thought the controversy was over them supporting anti-gay organizations. So you think people bashing CFA are annoying? Because I think people who support anti-gay organizations are a lot more than just "annoying."

Yes I, too, find it more than annoying that religion is being used as a means to deny civil rights to others in a country that was founded on a separation of chrch and state.

I loved the food at CFA, but it was bad business to go public with that kind of statement. Now I can no longer eat there, which bums me out. I will not support a business that is actively working to deny civil liberties.

And what's more, just as the CFA CEO has the right to speak his mind, so do the "annoying" people who don't support that viewpoint.

ETA: Not all Christians are anti-marriage equality. It is quaint to be closed on Sundays, but hateful to be stopping others from creating a legal family with the same rights as the rest of us.

ETA2: I wonder if the same people who are applauding his use of free speech would be applauding as loudly if he had come out against black voters? Ridiculous. I am glad people are being "annoying" about the issue because things need to change. The more it gets discussed, the better.

• imagemtb21:
    imagekelsea1031:
    imagelijuan09:
    imagevedwards:

YesYes 

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not American & we don't even have CFA here, but I thought the controversy was over them supporting anti-gay organizations. So you think people bashing CFA are annoying? Because I think people who support anti-gay organizations are a lot more than just "annoying."

Exactly. This.

• imagekwinkle1980:
    imagemtb21:
    imagekelsea1031:
    imagelijuan09:
    imagevedwards:

YesYes 

."

Yes I, too, find it more than annoying that religion is being used as a means to deny civil rights to others in a country that was founded on a separation of chrch and state.

I loved the food at CFA, but it was bad business to go public with that kind of statement. Now I can no longer eat there, which bums me out. I will not support a business that is actively working to deny civil liberties.

And what's more, just as the CFA CEO has the right to speak his mind, so do the "annoying" people who don't support that viewpoint.

ETA: Not all Christians are anti-marriage equality. It is quaint to be closed on Sundays, but hateful to be stopping others from creating a legal family with the same rights as the rest of us.

ETA2: I wonder if the same people who are applauding his use of free speech would be applauding as loudly if he had come out against black voters? Ridiculous. I am glad people are being "annoying" about the issue because things need to change. The more it gets discussed, the better.

Yes! Yes

• imageCountingUp:

Babies are not little adults. They don't mind if the car seat is rear-facing. They don't care if they're wiped every time. A tasty meat puree probably won't gross them out.

Yes! Yes! Yes! 

Mom To Beautiful Scarlett- Born December 5th, 2011-CatCat33
  • imagekwinkle1980:
    imagemtb21:
    imagekelsea1031:
    imagelijuan09:
    imagevedwards:

YesYes 

Agreed 100%

Mom To Beautiful Scarlett- Born December 5th, 2011-CatCat33
  • imagexraychick07:
    imagevedwards:

THIS! Well said, that was my UO for the day. All of this CFA crap is ridiculous. It's always been a christian company. If you don't like it, don't freakin' eat it! BOOHOO! I am glad that they are standing up for what they believe in.  

I've never been to a CFA, the fact that they're catching as much media flack as they are doesn't bug me because of the old phrase "all PR is good PR - as long as they spell your name right" really is the case.  Boycotts never work and for some political schmuck to block a business who is following all hiring laws is BS. 

As for my UO: I hate how food companies are only using skinny Olympians in their advertising/endorsement deals.  Let's be real, the Olympic Weightlifter and other SHW athletes are who actually keeps McD's in business during the rough years, not the skinny runner dude!!  They aren't fooling anyone. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"