August 2012 Moms

Where's The Colostrum?

Nothing yet for me... nothing actually. No leakage of any kind. This does not mean or have any correlation to breastfeeding /milk production right?? Who is with me on this one? I am glad in a way because I have not had to deal with wearing breast pads and things like that. Still, makes me a tad anxious! lol.... I think from this point, excited-scared-happy-elated-anxiety sounds about right! 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where's The Colostrum?

• Totally normal to not have any leaking - some even while BFing. ;)  I don't have any leaking either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It has nothing to do with milk production.  Mine don't leak either, except when pressure is applied.  You'll be fine. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemerricksmom:
    It has nothing to do with milk production.  Mine don't leak either, except when pressure is applied.  You'll be fine. 

This!  

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I didnt have any leaking prior to giving birth to ds (haven't this time either)

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• yay! I actually absorbed some info from all the books I read!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a lot of colostrum that comes out if I squeeze it out, but so far no leaking whatsoever. I first squeezed a little drop around, I want to say, 19 weeks or so, but it has increased a ton.

I guess if it had a correlation to BF success I'd be absolutely golden, but alas, no such luck. haha.

Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • Tash13Tash13 member
    I had absolutely no leaking with my son until after my milk came in and successfully nursed for 13 months.  Wish I was so lucky this time around but apparently my body is getting ready faster now that it knows what to do.
  • It is very normal to not have leakage before baby and has no correlation to your production. Be patient and trust me once your milk comes in you will have your fair share of leakage, lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in the same boat and I'm at 39w.  I'm glad you posted this though because I had kind of started to worry.
  • Totally normal!  I never leaked at all before DS1 was born, and I had plenty of milk for him (over-supply at times!)--we nursed for 18 months.  No leakage (yet!) this time around either.  Count yourself lucky!!
  • imageMnNsAngel:
    Nothing yet for me... nothing actually. No leakage of any kind. This does not mean or have any correlation to breastfeeding /milk production right?? Who is with me on this one? I am glad in a way because I have not had to deal with wearing breast pads and things like that. Still, makes me a tad anxious! lol.... I think from this point, excited-scared-happy-elated-anxiety sounds about right! 

I was wondering the same thing too! Hoping it will happen later on...

• JKS21JKS21 member
     None here either... :)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Tickerimage

• Same here at 38.5 weeks, and I swear my boobs have barely changed, except for the super-weird dark nipples, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"