Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

sleeping A LOT more at 6-7 weeks??

LO got his first shots last Thursday.  The next day or 2 he slept a lot, most of the day and night.  Since then he has slept a bit less, but it's still a lot more than he used to sleep.  He's sleeping longer at night (last night from 8 pm- 8 am... but with 3 wake ups for feeding) and he's taking one or 2 naps during the day that may last up to 3 hours. 

Is he sleeping more due to growth spurts?  Or do they just start sleeping more in general at this point?

I was nervous at first and was taking his temp all the time because I thought he might be sick, but he seems pretty happy when hes awake...

Re: sleeping A LOT more at 6-7 weeks??

• Options

If he isn't crying when he is up, like in pain or distress, and not running fever I believe he is fine. My LO sleeps about the same amount and he hasn't had his shots.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My son hasn't had shots yet but he has been sleeping mainly six to eight hours straight at night and then goes back to sleep for another 1.5-2 hrs. He also takes at least one two hr nap in the afternoon. I think your LO might just be getting into a schedule. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO also slept for about 2 days after he got his shots with no other symptoms.  Then right around 7 weeks he started sleeping a lot more and STTN (unrelated to the shots) I think it was just what he needed at the time. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I started to notice that LO started sleeping more again right when he hit 7 weeks..The 2 weeks leading up to that were so challenging as he was fighting sleep and wanted to be held all the time. My LO hasn't had his shots yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"