1st Trimester

When are you telling work?

I have no desire to tell my work.  When I got pregnant the 2nd time, my manager's response was, "that's not even funny."  I wear scrubs to work, so they fortunately hide my belly pretty well.  Since I recently miscarried, they assume I am trying, so I know any hint of belly the rumors will begin.  Which honestly, I think they have, since I have left early twice for doctors appointments, and I have called out twice.

Plus, they will start hounding me about how much I am going to work when I get back, which DH and I are still trying to decide.

I want to hold out until I know longer fit in my scrubs.  I am just wondering if I am not the only one who doesn't want to tell work.  

Re: When are you telling work?

• Probably around the 16 week mark - earlier if I start showing before then.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• I'll tell around 16 weeks.  It would have been earlier, but because of vacation schedules between my boss and me, by the time I see him again it will have been about six weeks, I'm telling later rather than earlier.
    Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Probably around 14 weeks if I'm not showing before then. That will be right after Labor Day and after a co-worker in my dept returns from her maternity leave. I think they will be happy for me but concerned about how to handle the work I do.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • I am hoping to hold out until at least 14 weeks.  I have a new principal this year and I want to prove myself before telling her I have to take leave.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 7/10/2012 .... DS Born: 2/26/2013
    TTC #2: 5/2014
    BFP #2: 7/8/2014 .... MC at 4w4d
    BFP #3: 9/14/2014...EDD 5/30/2015

Little Sister is on the way!
  • I guess I should add, I am the only person in my department. I work in an ophthalmology practice of about 25.  Another woman is 19 weeks pregnant, and a tech is retiring.  I guess I should tell them soonish.  Maybe after I hear the h/b next week. 
  • I'm hoping to make it 20 weeks.  But, I just work weekends to supplement our income and my job can easily survive without me.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I told them immediatly. Everything worked out, but I wish I would have waited in the off change that miscarraige does happen.
  • I told my boss at 5.5 weeks because I thought I might be miscarrying again.  But we have a good relationship and work closely together.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!
  • I am a teacher on summer vacation now.  We go back early September, and I have a feeling that I won't have to say a word.  My bloat speaks for itself!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I will be telling my boss when school starts up which will be put me at around 11/12 weeks.  I have some questions about how my maternity leave will affect the new NY state teacher annual proffesional performance reviews, so I am going to talk to him about it a bit sooner than I would've otherwise.

The only reason I'm hesitant is because my boss can't stand to just let things go for a while so he immediately obsesses about who will be my maternity leave replacement.  Annoying.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I told my boss at 5 wks because she knew I was getting IUI's and was telling her when I went in for them for FMLA. I feel comfortable talking to her and there is always someone pregnant in my office. Do what you feel is right.
  • I would like to tell work the week before I deliver, but I'm sure that isn't possible. Wink

My boss is freaking out about covering my first OB visit in 2 weeks, so I am sure she will freak out when I tell her I am gone for at least 2 months.

• I'll wait as long as possible.  I'm hoping for 18-20 weeks, which is what I did last time.  I already knew what I was having by the time I told my boss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't plan on telling my work untill atleast the 2nd trimester unless something comes up and i need to
    BabyName Ticker Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I told my boss last week, but only because she was on to me and knew something was up (maybe it was the tinge of green on my face from all the morning sickness). I wasn't planning on telling her until the end of the first trimester, but she kept asking me what was wrong and I finally gave in.  She was shocked and I kind of regret telling her the way I did.

I plan on telling my staff and the rest of my co-workers at around 13 weeks or so.  I'm going to play it by ear and see how long I can go before I start showing. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I can't wait to long, I don't feel well and need to give everyone time to plan (I'm a therapist). I'll probably tell somewhere between 8.5-10 weeks. Its hard keeping it secret.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• imageshandorfml2:
    I can't wait to long, I don't feel well and need to give everyone time to plan (I'm a therapist). I'll probably tell somewhere between 8.5-10 weeks. Its hard keeping it secret.

I too am a therapist.  I have a caseload of 40 and conduct school-based therapy at 3 schools.  I may need to be out sick so I have to make them aware.

This is my 2nd pregnancy:)  The 1st went great without a hitch. ( she is now 17 months old.) I told at 7 weeks after the 1st ultrasound.

I'll probably tell next week.  I just took a test last night and told my best friend.  Will be telling my in-laws and parents this weekend!!

Baby number 2 is on the way!! 1st - Kyla Faulk born 2/23/2011 My Wedding Bio BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"