December 2011 Moms

i know we've discussed before, but tattoos!

Anyone get one yet for LO?  I think I've finally decided what I want.  

I'm not sure if I'll do it for his 1st birthday (Nov 29) or my 30th birthday (Feb 1). I'm going to get an orange chrysanthemum.  Orange is his birthstone and the mum is the birth flower for the month of November and is very meaningful in Japanese culture and DS is part Japanese (DH is 1/4).  In Japan, it also represents perfection, which I thought was perfect for a child.  They also symbolize optimism and joy.

I haven't decided if I'll get his name around it or just initials.  I saw an idea where you get the name in script below the flower so it looks like a stem.  I thought this would be tasteful and easy to add another flower when we have our second.  Not sure where I will put it yet though. I'm going to take my time in coming up with the design because I want it to be perfect.

Anyone want to share what they've done or are thinking of? 

Re: i know we've discussed before, but tattoos!

• I don't think I will ever get a tattoo, but if I did it would be the Colorado flag. I am a seriously proud Coloradoan...and a nerd at that. 

Your idea sounds cool, lab.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagekwinkle1980:

I don't think I will ever get a tattoo, but if I did it would be the Colorado flag. I am a seriously proud Coloradoan...and a nerd at that. 

Your idea sounds cool, lab.  

True story. My DH has a tatoo of the Colorado flag on his ankle!
    I have 3 tatoos and I definitely will get one for LO but not just yet. We definitely want more kids so I would like to incorporate them all together somehow.

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Loading the player...
  • It may be horribly unoriginal, but I want to get DS's handprint on my upper back. I was going to get it done this month, but getting KU put that on hold lol. I'll just have to get two done at once :-) I've got a couple others I want to get done too.
  • RicolaRicola member

I have a tattoo on my should blade that I got when I was 16 and I really regret it now. I wish I would have at least chosen a different one, but now I am stuck with this pegasus that looks terrible. And I don't even like horses! 

I don't think I'll ever get another one, but your idea sounds very pretty!

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• I love your idea about incorporating the Japanese culture!

You've put way more thought into this than I have, but I've been thinking of getting DS's birthdate somewhere.  Original, I know, but it's easy to add to when I have more babies. 

May Siggy Challenge: TV mom

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am thinking if something with DD birth flower intertwined with DH birth flower. DH is November, so it would be a chrysanthemum and a narcissus. I also like the hand print idea, and I have a portrait of my grandma and eventually will get one of DD.
    Mom To Beautiful Scarlett- Born December 5th, 2011-CatCat33
  • With LO's name being Japanese, I'm going to get a cherry blossom petal with LO's first and middle name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm actually going to be going to get a quote for my next one tomorrow. It's going to be an anklet with eagle feathers trailing to my foot. I'm hoping the artist will be able to incorporate B's name in cursive on the anklet part.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersPitaPata Dog tickers
  • My husband is into the tattoos, not me. But on his right wrist, he has my kiss. He wants to do the same thing for Charlotte but on his other wrist. So maybe when she's two or three and knows how to kiss a piece of paper to get the transfer.

But I like your idea, sounds pretty. Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Fastest year of my life. Lilypie First Birthday tickerswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • ccip82ccip82 member
    My two sisters and I are contemplating getting a sister tattoo, but we have yet to agree on anything. Neither DH nor I have any tattoos.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• I don't have any tattoos, but I have thought about getting one for years.  I was very close with my grandma, and H and I were with her when she passed away, so I wanted to get one to honor her.  I thought about a shamrock (she was born in ireland, came to the states as a young girl) and important dates, but could never settle on design or location.  Now that I see what my stomach looks like post-baby, I'm kinda glad I didn't get it on my hip like I thought I would.  It would be pretty distorted and ugly right now.

I don't know if I'll ever get that tattoo, or one to celebrate E and / or future children, but I really like your idea! 

laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Although I really do not think I will ever follow through, if I were to ever do it, I would get Anya's footprints (newborn ones) on the top of my feet..although I have heard that getting a tatoo on your foot hurts like a b*iatch!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageHisKonstantine:

My husband is into the tattoos, not me. But on his right wrist, he has my kiss. He wants to do the same thing for Charlotte but on his other wrist. So maybe when she's two or three and knows how to kiss a piece of paper to get the transfer.

What a cute idea. Love this! And especially sweet on a man. OP, love the originality and meaning behind your idea, too.

I'm considering a completly unoriginal idea. I want a very small, cursive L on my wrist for Levi. The only problem is I'm an accountant and not sure how this will go over in the corporate world. I'm thinking I'll just have to get the perfect watch to wear over it for work. Still not sure. I only have 1 tattoo right now and it's large, original, and completely covered by clothing. So I don't know.... I thought about my first tattoo for about 5 years before I pulled the trigger, so I doubt I'll be getting this one anytime soon.

• imageHisKonstantine:

My husband is into the tattoos, not me. But on his right wrist, he has my kiss. He wants to do the same thing for Charlotte but on his other wrist. So maybe when she's two or three and knows how to kiss a piece of paper to get the transfer.

Same here. I'm a huge baby and deathly afraid of needles but my husband loves tattoos (he has about 8). When we got married he got my name (first & middle) tattooed on his wrist and next he is going to get A's name and something else (not sure what), probably on his other arm. 

• I definitely plan to get a tattoo to celebrate L. I don't think it will have her name in it though. It will just be something that is meaningful to me. I've considered getting a ladybug since that's her nickname. I'm hesitant though because who knows if I will still call her that when she gets older. I still have to think about it some more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"