Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Sophie the Giraffe - worth the cost?

I was thinking about getting Sophie the Giraffe for my DS since he loves to play with his rubber ducky.  I thought it might feel good on his gums.  Does anyone have one for their LO?  Is it worth the cost?

Re: Sophie the Giraffe - worth the cost?

• I have heard amazing things about this toy, we don't have one for our son but many of my friends have it for their LO and they just rave about it!

I was in a store with him when he was like 2 months old and the one employee there told me if I were to get anything for him, it should be Sophie the Giraffe. 

• We got one from a friend who bought it for her dog. She bought 2 so had it as an extra. DD does like it I would never pay that much for a teething toy. What DD likes better is DH rubber cell phone case. We are actually thinking about buying DD her own cell phone case to chew on.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It depends on your kid. I bought it for my first and he didn't really care for it, so I thought it was a waste of money. He absolutely loved his loopalooza so I thought that was the best toy ever. My second LO is obsessed with Sophie. He'll chew on anything but Sophie is the solver of all issues, all tears, and if I had to I'd buy ten to ensure we're never without one. So I think it CAN be worth every penny if your kid is one of the many who seemingly can't live without it!
  • I'd have to say no.  He doesn't care what he chews on.  He has no preference, it could be a rag for all he cares.  This is one of those trendy toys that parents buy for their children because they are in style.  It's not for the kids, it's for the parents.
    image. image. image.
  • My LO doesn't care much for it. I think she only likes it because it squeaks, she prefers to chew on her munchkin twisty ball.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRA1109:
    It depends on your kid. I bought it for my first and he didn't really care for it, so I thought it was a waste of money. He absolutely loved his loopalooza so I thought that was the best toy ever. My second LO is obsessed with Sophie. He'll chew on anything but Sophie is the solver of all issues, all tears, and if I had to I'd buy ten to ensure we're never without one. So I think it CAN be worth every penny if your kid is one of the many who seemingly can't live without it!

This. DS is still lugging Sophie around at 14 months. He loves to squeak that toy! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got it 1/2 price from a promotion at BRU and DD does prefer it to other teethers so in our case it was worth it. 

Baby #1: m/c at 5 weeks (2011)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby #3: missed m/c found at 11.5 weeks (2013)
    Baby #4: missed m/c at 10 weeks (2013)
    Baby #5: m/c at 6 weeks (2014)
    Baby #6: Saw a heartbeat at 7w, baby stopped growing at 7w1d, found at 8w u/s : d&c  (2014)

Hoping for my lucky #7 (one last try!)
  • We don't leave the house w out Sophie. Worth every penny for us! 
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know some babies love it, though most babies love all rubbery toys they can get in their mouths.  We aren't the types of parents who are going to spend $17 on a giraffe.
  • I didn't buy mine, it was a gift, so I don't know how much it costs, but I can tell you my daughter LOVES to chew on Sophie. We use that darn Giraffe every day!
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• My lo is only 3 months old and hasn't used it yet so I'm not sure if he's going to love Sophie. If you are looking to buy one our Sams Club has a gift set with the rubber tether and a plush for $24.xx. This is a great deal because the teether alone is around $19.99 to $22.99.  We bought ours at Sams about a week ago. The sign said one time buy so once they're gone I guess that's it.  I've such great things about this but I didn't want to pay the high price. I gave in when I saw the set. Hopefully my son will like it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"