Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

constipated for 1.5months now!!! HELP

my daughter started solidsat 4.5 months. she did perfectly well. she has been on formula since she was 2 months. when she was 3 months she started on nutramigen due to cows milk allergy. well now she has been constipated for last 1.5 months and doc cannot tell us why. we've tried prunes, prune juice, green veggies, pear juice, white grape juice, and suppositories.

for the past two weeks she has been on formula and prune&white grape juic only. we cut out all solids for now till we can try to fix the constipation. she poops every 2-3 days and its so hard! she screams like crazy and needs assistance when she does poop(bicycle legs and tummy massages)

what the heck do i do????

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: constipated for 1.5months now!!! HELP

• Options
    My son Is also on the nutramigen and we were told that constipation is a sign of a food allergy for some infants maybe you might need to move up to neocate or eclare formula because nutramigen still has some milk in it. When DS was that backed up they gave me a script for lactulose (sp) in his bottles that helped. We were also doing prune juice in almost every bottle. We also did miralax
  • Options
    I know you said that you have cut out all solids for now, but I've found that sweet potatoes make DD have a bowel movement better than anything.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekeeshondowner:
    I know you said that you have cut out all solids for now, but I've found that sweet potatoes make DD have a bowel movement better than anything.

Pears are also awesome! 

Baby #1: m/c at 5 weeks (2011)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby #3: missed m/c found at 11.5 weeks (2013)
    Baby #4: missed m/c at 10 weeks (2013)
    Baby #5: m/c at 6 weeks (2014)
    Baby #6: Saw a heartbeat at 7w, baby stopped growing at 7w1d, found at 8w u/s : d&c  (2014)

Hoping for my lucky #7 (one last try!)
  • Options

My LO has recently started this pushing thing when he poops and his poop is hard at times. Prunes have helped some but not that much. This stinks  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"