December 2011 Moms

Poll for night feeders

How many times does your baby eat between 12-6am? During the night are you feeding via breast, bottle, or a bit of both? For us, a bottle at 3 and another at 6. She nurses in bed a couple of times too. When she starts latching and unlatching repeatedly I know it is bottle time.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Poll for night feeders

• We typically have two feedings via breast in that time. She will wake for a feeding at 12 or 1 and then anywhere from 3 to 5. It is rare that we just have 1 or even no feedings in that time. The night schedule changes every month or two.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ....if it wasn't for me making some changes she would stay latched all night long.
  • Loading the player...
  • A breastfeeds once during that time.  Lately it has been around 4, but last night he was up at 2:30.  He eats again and is up for the day around 7.
    imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • A has one feeding during that time, between 4 and 5 am. These days he sleeps from 7 to 4 or 5 without waking.

• He might nurse once during that time. Sometimes he'll wake around midnight then sleep until morning (5:30-7:30). Other nights he'll sleep until 4 or 5. He'll usually go back to sleep for a couple more hours. If he wakes after 4:45 then he gets a bottle from DH if it's a workday for me cuz I have to get ready. Oftentimes he won't go back to sleep for DH. 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • E usually nurses around 10 and will sleep anywhere from 4-6am. If earlier, he nurses and goes back to sleep. If he gets up after 5, he is usually up for a good 1.5 to 2 hrs, before taking a morning nap. Sometimes he wakes up between 1-2 am for a snack (rarely these days) and even more rare he will sometimes skip the 10 pm feeding and sleep from 739 pm to 5am. I don't mind the night feedings now, we nurse all of them and he is efficient and I can be back in bed in 10 min. Thankfully, the days up being up for over an hr whenever he woke up are gone. 
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Between that time he gets up 1-2x. He is BF. We don't use bottles at home... just at day care. 
    Success After Losses. I carry your <3, I carry it in my <3.</br>
  • Once or twice?  I have no idea, honestly.  We mostly co-sleep and I nurse him lying down, so I'm barely conscious most of the time.  My breasts are often full in the morning, though, so I don't think he actually nurses a lot.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Usually 1-2 times. Usually at 3:30 and then around 6 when she wakes for the morning.
    Mom To Beautiful Scarlett- Born December 5th, 2011-CatCat33
  • DS usually goes down around 9pm...wakes around 4am then again anywhere from 6-7 am and then he will usually go back down until 9am.  I usually nurse him in his room in less then 10 minutes.  If I have to work the next day my husband sometimes will take a feeding and will give him 3-4 ounces of BM in a bottle. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • He usually wakes once between 12-2 to BF. I just now started working on cutting that feeding out and having him go back to sleep and it's working well.
  • DS nurses between 1am-4am and then usually again at 5 depending on when he first woke up. Then up for the day and nurses again between 6-8 (depending on the last feeding he got.)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO has been up way too much but nurse at least 2x a night, if not more. He has been up too much the past two months or so. I was hoping it would pass, but it has not. As soon as this bottom tooth pops through, I am sleep training again.

• imagebuddrfly421:
    DS nurses between 1am-4am and then usually again at 5 depending on when he first woke up. Then up for the day and nurses again between 6-8 (depending on the last feeding he got.)

This is exactly us too. He goes to bed at 8, gets up to nurse between 1am-4am and then again between 5-6am depending on when he woke up. He's up for the day between 7 and 8.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • A usually wakes around 4 am for a feeding. She can sometimes go back down without nursing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mbf124mbf124 member

goes to sleep at 7:30-8, up at 1 to eat, up again at 5 to eat, back to sleep until 6:30 or 7. 

I recently weaned her of a 3am feeding. it was brutal but necessary.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • ebd08ebd08 member
    Eli usually gets up once (sometimes twice) to eat, always via breast.  We have a monstrously large and comfortable La-Z-Boy recliner in his nursery so we snuggle up in that and he snacks and goes back to bed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ccip82ccip82 member
    E is up once or twice and feeds for about five minutes and is back asleep. Nursing her is the quickest way to get her asleep, so I give in. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Between 12 and 6?  Usually 2.   All BF.
    ~*Kimberly*~

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"