March 2013 Moms

Intro - any other 2U2 moms?

We just found out yesterday (confirmed at dr today) that we are pregnant with #2! 
My family's reaction to the news has me a little down. Not sure if less excitement is normal for the second pregnancy, or if it's just because ours are so close together.
We are a navy family living in Hawaii, so we are pretty much on our own with this.

Our kids will be 14-15months apart. I knew I wanted 2U2, but now that it's becoming a reality I'm freaking out. The logistics of 2U2 seem impossible right now, but I know that in 9months DD will be a very different baby.

I'm pretty active on my other BMB, and love the support I get from my bump ladies. I'm hoping to find that with the March mommas as well.  

BFP #2 - MC Aug 2012 - D&C w/ complications
imageimage

Re: Intro - any other 2U2 moms?

• That's where we are headed! They will be 17 months apart.

We knew we wanted them between 1 1/2 to 2 years apart.  Due to DH's work schedule, we lost a chunk of that age range so it was really now or wait until DS is after 2.  

FWIW, my sister just had a baby last month and her kids are 13 months apart.  My mom had my sisters 15 months apart.  She said it was hard but it was so so worth it!

• My post was pretty similar to this the other day! I post on September 2011 Moms.. and I love it there. Hoping to get the love and support here as well. 

I guess that answers your question! I will have 2U2. M will be about 1.5 when the baby gets here. Definitely closer than H and I wanted, but we are extremely excited none the less.

About the reaction of your family, I think it's normally, unfortunately. My parents were excited, and my in laws were excited, but everyone else just kinda said "Oh, again?" or "wow, you're crazy."  Kinda upsetting, but oh well.

Welcome! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine will be 16-17 months apart. 

DH and BIL were 12 months apart so his parents couldn't say much to us.  My mom was overjoyed.

I'm so grateful to be giving my son a built in best friend.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We will be just over.  DD#1 will be 26 months when baby 2 is born. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • VespahVespah member
    We will just squeak in ~1.5 months of 2U2 if this baby is born more or less on time. (DD was only 4 days early).  Have yet to tell family yet, but I'm sure they will all be supportive which is fantastic. MIL had 4 kids under 6 at one point (that is just crazy, every one of them planned), and my mom had my brother and I only 18 months apart.
    Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• Yep.  DS will be 21 months when this LO is born. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• It's reassuring that I'll be going into this with some other March moms in similar situations! :) 

Me and my sis are 19months apart so I would have thought they'd understand. She was a "surprise" though, so maybe that has something to do with it even though I LOVE how close me and my sis are.
    BFP #2 - MC Aug 2012 - D&C w/ complications
    imageimage
  • Yup me! My los will be 18-19 months apart. Im kinda freaking out. Hopefully dd #1 is more independent by then but I think its just wishful thinking lol. Good luck with your situation!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker M/C June 2010 at 9weeks 3days
  • We'll have 2u2!! Ours will be 22 months apart. One thing I read from a mom who had several kiddos close in age was (to the effect of): the time it's hard and the time their little is short on the great big scale of their whole life of being close with siblings. It's worth it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1: 9-20-2010 EDD: 5-25-2011 DD #1 born: 5-23-2011
    BFP #2: 6-14-2012 EDD: 2-15-2013 MC: 6-19-2012 5w5d
    BFP #3: 7-18-2012 EDD: 3-26-2012

• The new LO and E will be about 21-22 months apart. We were targeting two years apart, but conception was much faster this time around ;)

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• My babies will be about 17 months apart when this one comes along. I totally understand about feeling overwhelmed; sometimes I wonder if we did the right thing having them so close together. I think I'm just thinking that way because my m/s is worse this time around and DS just learned how to crawl and is everywhere!

But I keep thinking of how close they will be and how this was our plan all along. I know it'll be hard the first year or two, but in the end it will all be worth it!

Sorry about your family's lack of excitement :( I'm sure they'll start to come around once this pregnancy gets further along and it becomes more real to them. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We will have 2u2 as well!  DS and the new LO will be 21 months apart.  We are super excited they will be so close in age!
    image. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ElocinElocin member
    Yup. They will be 21 months apart or so! 
    BFP #2 5/31/12 CP 5w2d 6/4/12 BFP #3 7/9/12 EDD 3/8/13 Another Girl!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Count me into the 2U2 group.  Mine will be 13months apart.  Totally not planned that close but we did want another baby and since I will be 38 when this one is born, I guess sooner is better than later! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Count me in--mine will be 21 months apart. I'm in the camp hoping for them to be good buddies later on, which will make the extra work early on totally worth it!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine will be 11 months! My due date is 4 days before my DS first birthday! Eek!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Count us in, too! Mine will be 18.5 months give or take!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Mine will also be 21-22 months apart. I didn't think I would get pregnant so quickly, so we were anticipating a little closer to 2 years. When I first started calculating, I freaked out a bit, but I figured 2 months doesn't make that much of a difference.

Have you ladies been a lot more calm this time around?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"