November 2011 Moms

White House Cards

Did anyone send their birth announcements to the White House to get the "congratulations" card from the President? We sent it (a few months late), and I'm just wondering how long it will take to get it...I've heard it takes a while.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: White House Cards

• Crap!  I forgot to do it for DD2.  I wonder if I still can?  I remember it took quite a while to get DD1's.  I had totally forgot that I sent the request.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Oh I forgot about that!!  PP I think I remember seeing that you had upto a year to send it in, maybe?  Not sure how long it take to get it back, since I obviously didn't do it.

BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • What!? That is SO COOL!  Do you think its too late to do this??? lol
  • We did this.  I think it took about 2 months to get a response.  My mom just wrote a note, it wasn't even an "offical" birth announcement.  However, with DD1 we got a letter back with her name on it, this time it didn't have any personalization on it.  Still like it for the baby book though :)
  • imageJsthomas618:
    We did this.  I think it took about 2 months to get a response.  My mom just wrote a note, it wasn't even an "offical" birth announcement.  However, with DD1 we got a letter back with her name on it, this time it didn't have any personalization on it.  Still like it for the baby book though :)

Hmm.... well, we definitely sent it about 5 or 6 months ago. And no response. I wonder if I should send another one. :-/

• I got a response from our governor. I didn't even think of doing the white house. boo!
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• Meh...not sure if I want something stamped from Obama... maybe next baby there will be someone better in office
  • Yes I did it. It took 6 weeks or so to come back 
  • imagemama&baby:
    Meh...not sure if I want something stamped from Obama... maybe next baby there will be someone better in office

Eh, to me it's not about who is in office, it's for the sentiment. I wish I had one from when I was born. 

I resent it so hopefully I'll get one this time! 

• imagelittlewinnie15:

imagemama&baby:
    Meh...not sure if I want something stamped from Obama... maybe next baby there will be someone better in office

Eh, to me it's not about who is in office, it's for the sentiment. I wish I had one from when I was born. 

I resent it so hopefully I'll get one this time! 

Agreed!  This is about a part of history for lo.  I had no idea about this.  What do you get from the President?  I guess it can't hurt to send one for DD and hope I can still get something in return...

• These are the instructions I followed: https://usgovinfo.about.com/cs/consumer/a/greetings.htm

Sorry it's not clicky, I'm mobile. The first time I just sent a letter. This time I'm sending an actual announcement with the letter. 

• imagemama&baby:

Really?  Did you really have to say this?  Did it make you feel better?  Common...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I think it would be a really cool idea....  No worries.  You'll have another 4 years to get something back.  Big Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imageKBBH:
    I think it would be a really cool idea....  No worries.  You'll have another 4 years to get something back.  Big Smile

Yes 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sending mine today! Thanks for the idea...I had no idea they did this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"