3rd Trimester

Rock out with your stretch marks out?!

So I'm just curious as to how many moms really don't let their stretch marks get to them. I never got any with my first pregnancy until around 34 weeks. I then "sprouted out" around my belly button and on my hips. Nothing extremely bad and yes they faded over time and I had to really work on my self-esteem to pretend they aren't even there. I do wear two-piece swimsuits, and I will continue to next year (if they don't get TOO bad after this pregnancy). Any other moms rock the two-piece with their marks?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Rock out with your stretch marks out?!

• I am way too overweight for any two piece to even go on me, but I don't mind my stretch marks at all. I don't have any so far from pregnancy but I've had them since childhood just from being so damn fat. For some reason, I'm just not bothered by them! If the marks were there and I was a size that would fit in a two piece, I'd have no problem wearing it at all. Our bodies are pretty awesome and nobody has the right to shame you for yours.
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • I have stretch marks and would wear a two piece if my tummy was toned. That is the plan for next summer at least lol.
    DD1 October 2008
    DD2 October 2010
    DS September 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • *said in the Honey Badger-tone* I don't give a *** about my stretch marks.

Due to fluctuating weight over the years and pregnancy X2, well I no longer care.  I'm not the only person to have them and I will proudly wear a 2pc bathing suit next summer without a care in the world.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wore a two piece between my pregnancies despite some stretch marks on my hips.  Whatever.  They're not super noticeable and actually faded quite a bit as time went on.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I got none with my 1st preg.....got like 2 little ones underneath my belly button so far :(                             

I'm a pretty self-conscious person....depending if they were pretty noticeable...i wouldn't wear a two peice even if i had a flat belly again.

• I have a ton of stretch marks all over my belly and hips. Between them and not being toned enough I didn't wear a bikini last summer. By the time they started to really fade, I got pregnant again. I'm 36 weeks and they are no where as dark as the first time so hopefully they will be light enough and I'll be in good enough shape for a bikini next summer. 

Edit: I usually only ever swim around family/friends. If I somewhere public I'd probably stick to a tankini.

DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • imagek.martell:

*said in the Honey Badger-tone* I don't give a *** about my stretch marks.

Due to fluctuating weight over the years and pregnancy X2, well I no longer care.  I'm not the only person to have them and I will proudly wear a 2pc bathing suit next summer without a care in the world.

ROFL "honey badger don't give a shiit about stretch marks!"

I have some on my love handles right now and they are the lighter kind, not purple. I will probably be comfortable in a two piece as is but I am thinking about having some dermatology treatments (laser?) to fade them further after pregnancy.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageRachelOC:
    imagek.martell:

*said in the Honey Badger-tone* I don't give a *** about my stretch marks.

ROFL "honey badger don't give a shiit about stretch marks!"

I have some on my love handles right now and they are the lighter kind, not purple. I will probably be comfortable in a two piece as is but I am thinking about having some dermatology treatments (laser?) to fade them further after pregnancy.  

I lost 80 lbs from May 2011 to Dec 2011 when I got my BFP and the stretch marks I had from being over 230 lbs plus a previous pg. were barely visible to strangers who did didn't see them day in & out like DH or I.

• Meh, plenty of men have stretch marks and moobs and they walk around topless at the pool. Do what you want!
  • I'm trying so hard to not let mine bother me, but I'm embarassed to even undress in front of MH anymore. Mine are all over my belly, underneath my bump are the worst. Those are almost an inch wide and 3ish inches long and they HURT. I've never seen them as bad as what I have in that spot. It's just frustrating that my mom never got any and for some reason my skin just must not have much elasticity, no matter how much cocoa butter I slather on. :(
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • So far I only got them on my legs.. I probably would still let it all hang out though haha. I need a tan!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I've had stretch marks on my hips before being pregnant (this is my first), and i never let it get to me, never will. I wear a two piece now and will later. People should get over them really.
    "It's exhausting being fabulous." Victoria Beckham
  • I've had stretch marks on my hips before being pregnant (this is my first), and i never let it get to me, never will. I wear a two piece now and will later. People should get over them really.
    "It's exhausting being fabulous." Victoria Beckham
  • I had them on my hips and thighs from gaining some weight when I was 19-ish. They faded and I still rocked a bikini because I had rockin' abs. Around 30 weeks I started getting some under my bump, on my hips and on my inner thighs. I'm not sure how I'm going to look once the belly is gone, but I'm determined to get back in shape and maybe rock a cute pin-up girl style bathing suit. I've been wearing bikinis for a long time, so maybe I'll change it up and wear some adorable one-pieces or something. I'm a momma anyway, I don't need to be wearing a string bikini. Any toddler would love the chance to rip it off. haha
    Me: 27 DH: 28
    Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
    Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
    Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
    Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
    HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
    December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • I have them all over my body including my calves and thighs.  Although hesitant, I've worn shorts in public, to the grocery store etc., when its really hot out.  I get stares, some people are probably disgusted but for once comfort was more important to me than covering up my stretch marks.
  • be proud of your battle scars ladies! :)
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • The ones on my stomach faded enough after DS that when I was tanned, they didn't look bad, so yes, I rocked a two-piece. I've had stretch marks on my hips since I was a teen though, and those are white, so there's nothing I can do about them. I'll be more concerned with losing the weight and looking like my stomach is toned than I will about stretch marks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Reading some of these responses totally made my morning! I have always been curious as to how other mothers feel because my friends either got none and look fantastic or they got a ton and just keep them covered. I'm in between and I guess living at the beach plus having two tattoos on my side and ribs made me really want to keep up the 2-piece look! My ex-husband made me super self-conscious about mine, even referring me to get plastic surgery! My FI has really helped me get over it. I met him last summer and he was my personal trainer, so I got into really good shape and I got to the point that I pretended they weren't even there. My FI never mentions them so if he sees them I couldn't even tell you. I'm just glad other moms out there can be the same and be proud of their bodies no matter what. I'm so sick of how society has taught women to think of themselves...yes EVERY woman of any shape and size can have stretch marks and cellulite and little rolls on their stomach when they sit down. Women need to realize that as long as you take care of your body and show a little bit of confidence, guys will see that. 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yep, count me in.  I had a some pre-pregnancy and now I've got a few more. If/when I lose the weight, they'll fade and be hardly noticeable.

They don't bother me. In fact, the title of this thread inspired me to make a badge. :D

Enjoy!

- Whitney

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • I had stretchmarks on my hips/butt prior to pregnancy, but they were barely noticeable and I had no issues sporting a two piece. 

I've gotten some stretchmarks on my breasts but not on my stomach yet. I'm hoping if I get them they will be out to the sides or near my hips. I had a really toned stomach prior to pregnancy, so if I can get back into that shape I will sport a two piece (I figure any stretchmarks I develop will fade like the previous ones).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageWinnychan:

They don't bother me. In fact, the title of this thread inspired me to make a badge. :D

Love it! 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I  could care less. This is my fourth so I have plenty of them. I know what really matters is my muscle tone, body fat % and nutrition in dictating how I feel. I was in the best shape of my life after baby three and the stretch marks fades. I hardly noticed them. But I don't give a rats rear end what people think anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"