1st Trimester

Anyone else have very high HCG levels early?

I had HCG and Progesterone bloodwork done at 15dpo.  I got my levels back- HCG was 1,060 and Progesterone was 26.  Of course I googled and it seems like my level is really uncommon on the high side.  Looking at my chart and when I got a + opk, I don't think there is any way that I ovulated earlier than I think. 

Any insight into what this could mean or anyone else have high levels early? Googling seems to bring me info on both multiples and molar pregnancy, both of which freak me out (moreso the molar pregnancy obviously).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP #1: 7/10/2012 .... DS Born: 2/26/2013
TTC #2: 5/2014
BFP #2: 7/8/2014 .... MC at 4w4d
BFP #3: 9/14/2014...EDD 5/30/2015

Little Sister is on the way!

Re: Anyone else have very high HCG levels early?

• My first HCG with my first daughter was 1210 at 17dpo or so. Step away from Google. Relax! You are pregnant! Congrats! Is your doctor ordering more bloodwork at 48 hours?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Thanks!  I didn't get to speak with her bc I missed the call but she just said the # looked good and since it was high, I didn't need to come in to do a repeat just go for my u/s at 7 weeks. 

Should I call and request a 2nd or just go with what she says?  It seems like the doubling is what is important, right?

• Loading the player...
  • My level was 723 at 13 DPO and I have read that higher levels could mean multiples but it could also mean nothing. I actually went to a fertility clinic so I knew I had 2 eggs released the month I got pregnant so there was a definite chance of twins. But I ended up just getting pregnant with one. My levels were just tripling rather than doubling.
  • I got a BFP at 10dpo so I know mine were high and from what I hear high HCG levels are a GOOD sign!

Love, Amanda

expecting our little miracle in February

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageamandamor:
    I got a BFP at 10dpo so I know mine were high and from what I hear high HCG levels are a GOOD sign!

This doesn't mean your hCG levels are high.   

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • imagekacelle:

imageamandamor:
    I got a BFP at 10dpo so I know mine were high and from what I hear high HCG levels are a GOOD sign!

Exactly this. A pregnancy test picks up HCG at some pretty low levels. Someone here can post the link.

To the OP = If your doctor isn't concerned then I wouldn't worry. A lot of times they don't even do HCG levels. I didn't get them done with my 2nd or 3rd and everything is ok.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • imageMrsCarroll.6-10-07:
    imagekacelle:

imageamandamor:

Exactly this. A pregnancy test picks up HCG at some pretty low levels. Someone here can post the link.

To the OP = If your doctor isn't concerned then I wouldn't worry. A lot of times they don't even do HCG levels. I didn't get them done with my 2nd or 3rd and everything is ok.

This. I only had them done, because I know too much TB. lol

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Did you have a second beta drawn to see how your levels are behaving. Mine at 16dpo was 2500 and at 18dpo was 6131. My nurse was not concerned about a molar pregnancy because my second number would have been in the ten of thousands. She told me she has seen numbers higher than mine and the woman went on to have a healthy singleton. It could be multiples or it could just be that your body is producing more HCG than the avg woman. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagelynn0926:
    Did you have a second beta drawn to see how your levels are behaving. Mine at 16dpo was 2500 and at 18dpo was 6131. My nurse was not concerned about a molar pregnancy because my second number would have been in the ten of thousands. She told me she has seen numbers higher than mine and the woman went on to have a healthy singleton. It could be multiples or it could just be that your body is producing more HCG than the avg woman. 

Nope she just said that since my # was "good" and high, that I didn't have to come in for a repeat.  She didn't seem concerned at all. 

Now I am debating if I should call and ask for a repeat.

• My numbers were higher than what the range was on the charts but, I think it is important to remember, those are just an average range.  Being outside of it does not mean anything is wrong.

If you would feel better having a second test done, call you doctor. You can tell her that you are really worried and that you would feel better if you could make sure your levels are rising like they should.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"